Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:40 AM
abooble24
Fire Beetle

Default Quests not working at all, very frustrated >:[

I have dug and dug through the forums, using a bunch of different search phrases for the problem I am having, and have yet to come up with anything (that was just for the people who like to scream about people not searching). While there are many posts about quests not doing... well anything... there doesn't seem to be any answer that is working for me. I have set quests down to the bare minimum of hailing an npc and just having him say hi back and nothing happens.

Info:
- Perl 5.10.1 (have also tried 5.12 and 5.8 to no avail).
- MySQL 5.1
- Server obtained and compiled on 10-5-10 from svn
- peq database 1650 something with the optional updates from svn applied.
- Quests are in C:\EqEmu\Quests\zonename and not inside of an improper folder

What I've already tried:
- Installing the plugins that all the tutorials have listed for Perl
- Ensuring that Perl510 is only in the C:\Perl\Bin directory
- I have tried also putting Perl58 into the directory to see if that fixed anything to no avail. Was worth a shot.
- Purposely breaking a quest to see if zone.exe would throw an error, it does.

With all of this I get no error messages on quests, and no quest error log created, just nothing happens on any quest, even simple watered down ones. I have just one quest on the entire server right now trying to get the npc to respond and nothing is happening.

Code:
SUB EVENT_SAY{
	quest::shout("Hi!");
}
This is as watered down as it can get, and yes I have also tried with an if in there so that they have to actually say hail. Nothing is working. Would anyone happen to know what is going on? Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abooble24 View Post
I have dug and dug through the forums, using a bunch of different search phrases for the problem I am having, and have yet to come up with anything (that was just for the people who like to scream about people not searching). While there are many posts about quests not doing... well anything... there doesn't seem to be any answer that is working for me. I have set quests down to the bare minimum of hailing an npc and just having him say hi back and nothing happens.

Info:
- Perl 5.10.1 (have also tried 5.12 and 5.8 to no avail).
- MySQL 5.1
- Server obtained and compiled on 10-5-10 from svn
- peq database 1650 something with the optional updates from svn applied.
- Quests are in C:\EqEmu\Quests\zonename and not inside of an improper folder

What I've already tried:
- Installing the plugins that all the tutorials have listed for Perl
- Ensuring that Perl510 is only in the C:\Perl\Bin directory
- I have tried also putting Perl58 into the directory to see if that fixed anything to no avail. Was worth a shot.
- Purposely breaking a quest to see if zone.exe would throw an error, it does.

With all of this I get no error messages on quests, and no quest error log created, just nothing happens on any quest, even simple watered down ones. I have just one quest on the entire server right now trying to get the npc to respond and nothing is happening.

Code:
SUB EVENT_SAY{
	quest::shout("Hi!");
}
This is as watered down as it can get, and yes I have also tried with an if in there so that they have to actually say hail. Nothing is working. Would anyone happen to know what is going on? Thanks
sub EVENT_SAY

caps matters I believe.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 AM
abooble24
Fire Beetle

Wow after 5 hours of tinkering it was a caps problem; although I do think there was other issues I had fixed before that, pretty sure that wasn't always caps However, thanks for pointing out my stupidity haha.