Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

Default Have Server Running, Now a Few Questions

I have my server up and running, been exploring it with a GM account. I have a few questions about various things.

1. I have a mini login, and from what I've read I can not box another account on my server due to having the same IP. If I have a wireless network and one account is setup through the lan line and the other through the wireless net will that work?

2. Where do the items(weapons in this case) table get their graphic from? I see there is an ID for it, but where from. If I wanted to create a weapon, how do I apply the in game graphic to it I guess is what I'm trying to get at.

3. Quests & Fights, If I want to write some, which I'm not sure I even have the knowledge to yet, as I only have a basic understanding of VBA and C++, where do I store these perl scripts at? I'm guessing the scripts have to reference what ever mob, spells, ect in the database too correct?

4. When/If I do make a quest/fight, do I have to execute the perl script in some way like I had to when I got SQL updates for my server?

5. Is it possible to make a max level on my server, on my GM account I could level up to 255, which I don't think I need.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:13 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

1. As long as each client connects from a different IP address it should work.

2. There is a column in the items table named idfile this field holds the item graphic information. The information in that field will look like IT10000 or something similar. All you have to do is change the number portion to the desired graphic id. You can download a media viewer and other tools from http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/

3. The quest scripts are stored in your %Emulator\quest\<zoneshortname> directory. The zoneshortname for every zone can be acquired from the zone table of the database. The names of the quest scripts either need to be the npc name or npc id number.

4. The quest scripts are initially loaded when the emulator is launched so you don’t have to activate anything. The scripts can also be forcibly reloaded from with the game using the GM command #reloadquest should you need to makes quest changes on the fly.

5. The max level can be controlled in the rule_values table of the database. The following sql statements will set it for you. This will set max level to 85 and max level via experience to 85.
update rule_values set rule_value = 85 where rule_name = 'Character:MaxLevel';
update rule_values set rule_value = 85 where rule_name = 'Character:MaxExpLevel';
Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

Thx, this helps a lot.
Another question which I'm just curious at the moment, but I see there is a doors table. This is to open doors I'm assuming, if so how/can something like this be used in Anguish for AMV, then I'm guessing for the the big pillar looking thing to raise where OMM is behind, that's is part of the script not a door???
Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Yes, the object/door that raises to reveal OMM is controlled by a quest script.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

couple more questions.
I've been messing around on a GM account, just looking at different zones, ext, no real development. The only thing I actually did was create an NPC and made all the npc models global.

When messing around in PoTime, I'm able to zone into potimea, but when I go into the tunnels were earth, fire, etc trials are and click on the little platform it doesn't do anything but more up a just a bit and stays there. I didnt' play much PoP on live so i'm confused as to what that is suppose to do.

Also when in potimeb I'm get there by #zone potimeb and am taken to the gaveyard area type place, and I can only click on one of the stones to take me back to potimea. How do I explore further into Time B.

Next is w/SolRo Tower. I just wanted to explore around there, again on a GM account and went to click on the diamond type thing that normally ports you to sol ro's room but no matter were i clicked it at, it just said i must be closer.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? thanks
Old 11-07-2010, 10:29 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

PoP progression is all about flags and you are probably missing flags for the various zones and objects. It doesn't matter if you are GM flagged or not, if the qglobals are not set right then it doesn't work.

If you just want to explore you could always jump around with the #goto command or just set the flags in the database. The later is much easier.

You can use these if you want to....just change the charid to match that of your charcter then source it into your database. Might have to change the id numbers to something else that isn't used if that comes up. Note: The information below is from an older database so it may not work. Just a warning.

Code:
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (51, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_bot_agnarr', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (59, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_poj_mavuin', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (60, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_poj_tribunal', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (61, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_poj_execution', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (62, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_poj_valor_storms', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (67, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_poi_dragon', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (70, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_poi_behometh_preflag', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (71, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_poi_behometh_flag', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (73, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pod_alder_fuirstel', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (75, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pod_grimmus_planar_projection', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (77, 2, 0, 0, 'pov_key_quest', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (79, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pov_aerin_dar', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (80, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pon_hedge_jezith', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (81, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pon_construct', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (85, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pod_elder_fuirstel', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (89, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_ponb_terris', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (93, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pos_askr_the_lost', '3', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (96, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pos_askr_the_lost_final', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (99, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_cod_preflag', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (103, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_cod_final', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (106, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pot_shadyglade', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (110, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_ponb_poxbourne', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (116, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pot_newleaf', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (119, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pot_saryrn_final', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (120, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_pot_saryrn', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (122, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_hoh_trell', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (130, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_cod_bertox', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (133, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_hoh_faye', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (135, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_hohb_marr', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (140, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_tactics_tallon', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (143, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_tactics_ralloz', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (158, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_hoh_garn', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (159, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_tactics_vallon', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (160, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_aa_stormvalor', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (162, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_aa_codecay', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (164, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_aa_tactics', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (166, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_aa_hohonor', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (168, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_aa_bothunder', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (170, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_aa_potorment', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (172, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_aa_solrotower', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (192, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_bot_karana', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (194, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_sol_ro_xuzl', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (196, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_sol_ro_arlyxir', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (198, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_sol_ro_rizlona', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (199, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_sol_ro_dresolik', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (200, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_sol_ro_jiva', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (208, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_sol_ro_solusk', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (204, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_elemental_grand_librarian', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (211, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_fire_fennin_projection', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (221, 2, 0, 0, 'eartha_arbitor_projection', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (225, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_wind_xegony_projection', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (226, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_water_coirnav_projection', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (227, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_eartha_arbitor_projection', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (228, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_earthb_rathe', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (229, 2, 0, 0, 'pop_time_maelin', '1', NULL);
INSERT INTO `quest_globals` (`id`, `charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`, `expdate`) VALUES (230, 2, 0, 0, 'agnarrkey', '1', NULL);
Old 11-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

ok, so my current quest_globals table has basically nothing in it except this.
id char npcid zoneid name value expdate
1 0 0 0 shifter 1 null

I'm not sure what this is as i do not have a character on any account named 'shifter' so can i detete this out?

and basically what your saying is copy your above code into a .sql file and update it in to the table but change 'charid' to the actualy name of my character?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

The charid is a number, you can get it from the id field of your character_ table. Yes copy it into an sql file and source it in.
I think the 'shifter' record in qglobals is LDoN or it is something related to a startup task.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

ok, thx, one other question i forgot to ask. not related to this, but when i make an illusion of mayong mistmore, he has no head. is that normal or is there a way to correct this?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:58 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I never fought Mayong Mistmoore on live so I don't know if he loses his head on death or not. The only npc that I have seen do anything similar to that is Quarm but that is just a texture difference.

I spawned Mayong Mistmoore in Dreadspire Keep using race 466 with texture 0 and/or texture 1. Those where the only two that I found that caused any change in appearance and neither caused him to lose his head.

What race and texture combination did you us when the headless one appeared?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

ok, back to this. I do not have race 466 in my race table. Infact the max race ID i have his 384. Is there an update or something I may be missing?

And it' doesn't appear the quest code posted for PoP works. Any other ways w/o having to use #goto all the time? Is there something that needs to be done in the zone_flags table?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

That quest code is about two years old so it is not a big surprise that it didn't work. It was worth a shot though.

Don't worry about the race table.....its contents don't seem to make any difference as far as I can tell. I don't know of any updates for it either. You can still use race data that isn't in the race table....The client version and the emulator are the only things limiting which race data that can be used.
Using SoF you can use races upwards of 590ish, SoD goes up to 626-629, Underfoot goes up to about 667.