Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Expletus
Hill Giant

Default KoS Zone Cmd

So I was interested in making a whole zone KOS that doesn't have any faction etc. So a search lead me to this post..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26439

However, like the last comment stated, there is no faction ID in the table. I made the changes, and the mobs are still indifferent to me. Any ideas? (Search filter keeps giving me errors on Setting KOS).
Old 12-30-2010, 01:45 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

It's more complicated than just the one table.

`faction_list` is the general faction table, in which faction interactions are referenced.

examples:
AgentsofMistmoore
Agnarr
..etc

Each of the factions listed in `faction_list` also have modifiers for each class/race/diety. This isn't easily readable unless you use an editor.

So what that indicates is -1500 base to all. If 0 is indifferent, 1100 is ally, and -1100 is scowls, this is very kos.

Now, AgentsofMistmoore can be considered primary faction #1. It is in my faction_list table, at least.

Next is the `npc_faction` table.

This table contains entries from `npc_faction_entries`. It has fields id, name, primaryfaction, ignore_primary_assist

From the example earlier, I'll use 19471 (general kos).

Sooo... this lists 366 as primaryfaction. primaryfaction is from the faction_list table. 366, for me, is :

So, for your purposes, 19471 at this point would suit your needs. 19471 should be entered in the npc_faction_id field of your `npc_types` table. This is for npcs that will be spawning in whatever zone you're wishing to be KOS. Additionally, the ignore_primary_assist field in `npc_faction` table can be set to 0 or 1. 1 meaning it will not assist npcs that share the same primary faction.

I was going to do more of a tutorial, but I ran out of time. Hope that helps you.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Expletus
Hill Giant

I really appreciate it! I should be able to figure it out with the information you provided me!

*Edit* I would have to create new entries for zones that are not developed? ex- I've been working the zone Stonehive. I would have to create those factions etc. ?