Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:48 PM
japh42
Fire Beetle

Default SoF Secrets of Faydwer Patching

I've installed SoF on my nephew's Win7 computer and after making the change on the eqhost file it starts up and tries to download LaunchPad. It then either won't or if it does it goes to the first screen that checks the files and has the Autoplay button.

It just keeps downloading Launchpad and stops. It never changes the "Download" button to "Play".

I've done the same install on my computer, also using SoF and it looks different., but it does works.
However it is on WinXP.

Anyone else have a problem with SoF on Win7?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:12 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Try installing in a directory that isn't under Program Files. Vista and Windows 7 have special permissions for those directories, so the change you made to the eqhost file there may not have had any effect. Something like C:\EQ would not have the same problem.

Also, make sure you're running the right program. You should make a new shortcut to Exerquest.exe and add patchme to the end of the command line. It sounds like you might be using the shortcut the installer created which isn't the right one.

Last edited by lerxst2112; 01-24-2011 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Additional instructions
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 AM
trevius
Developer

The shortcut should be to eqgame.exe not everquest.exe. Just follow the getting started guide on the main page of this site.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Thanks for the correction Trevius. I looked at my shortcut and somewhere between brain and keyboard typed the wrong thing. :(