Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Sjar
Fire Beetle

Default Immediate Lockup after logon attempt

Hey. Dont know if this is common. I have followed all the steps for an install and account open up. Have done all the patches that I can find for anything on my computer here in the forums ....

As soon as I type in my password in an attempt to log on ... the game just freezes up. My mouse pointer is an "EQ" pointer but the game is locked. Have to windows client and shut it down. Any pointers or ideas where to go from here? Did the AMD dual/quad patches and the changing on the desktop icon patch thing ... Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:20 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

So you get a black screen with the mouse cursor displayed? If you answer that question with a yes then EQ isn't locked up it is a display error. If you answer no to that question then explain the problem with more detail.

The most common causes of the black screen with mouse pointer issue are lack of directx9c and resolution issues. Wide screen resolutions and multiple monitors are not natively supported by Everquest.

If the resolution adjustments didn't work then download and install directx9c. You can download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

And no it does not matter that you have directx 10 or 11 as part of Windows Vista or Windows 7. Installing directx9c will not replace or harm anything it merely adds the runtime components needed by Everquest.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Sjar
Fire Beetle

Yes. I am getting the black screen .. I am relatively certain it is a display issue of some kind. I installed that direct x patch already and have tried to log in using every resolution choice I can select from the options before log in. Disabled everything in those options .. etc. etc. I have an Nvdia GEforce GT220 card. Does this seem like a card that should have isuues? Im kinda at a loss as where to go from here. At one point in time last year I actually ran "pay" eq on this computer, so I guess Im just SOL. LOL
Old 01-28-2011, 06:30 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Since the game isn't actually crashing it is most likely a configuration issue with your display as you stated. Some times changing the screen resolution from the options menu of EQ doesn't solve the problem. The same is true for changing the resolution in windows or your display drivers settings. There are times when the resolution changes must be made from the eqclient.ini file in the EQ directory. It may or may not work but I would certainly try modding your resolution from the eqclient.ini file.

Here is a link to another post that talks about making those changes: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...een+resolution

If you haven't done so already reading this post on fixes for common problems.
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuFAQ