Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Funkey Monkey
Sarnak

Default 2 Issues ive noticed

**Using UF client**
1st ive seen this on a couple servers including a personal server but some reason proc/spell resist messages are being filtered through shout. I have 3 windows setup one for tells/ooc/shout, 1 for melee for 1 misc and i can move shout back and forth to different windows and resist msgs follow.

2nd I noticed on personal server latest rev that skill increases are not working correctly. The Maxlevel rule is set to 85 but for some reason weap/off/def etc skills are being capped at 50. I can #setskill higher but just plain ole raising skills while fighting they dont move past that, this was with a lvl 65 toon fighting a red npc. raised skills from 1-50 and then nada for about 30mins.

Anyone know of these issues and or fixes? Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Funkey Monkey
Sarnak

Found the cause of the resisted msgs going into shout. Found in the spells.cpp

Quote:
Message_StringID(MT_Shout, TARGET_RESISTED, spells[spell_id].name);
spelltar->Message_StringID(MT_Shout, YOU_RESIST, spells[spell_id].name);
Any specific reason why its using MT_Shout and not filtered through other like flurry etc? Just want to double check before change anything, Thanks
Old 04-15-2011, 02:55 AM
trevius
Developer

If you look at /common/eq_constants.h, you can see the full known list of filter types. I don't see one in there listed for resists, so I would assume they were set to MT_Shout just so they show up as red. I don't see an issue with you changing them to some other type, but you probably want to make sure it is red. If you can find the actual correct filter number for them, we could even update the source with it, but I assume you would have to play around with them and experiment to find it. It probably wouldn't hurt to make a GM command that lets you send test messages of a number you select and see where it filters to identify any unknown ones.

As for the skill up thing, I am not sure offhand. They work fine on the current revision as far as I have seen. Maybe there is an issue in your skill_caps table or something.