Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:27 PM
chamberdown
Sarnak

Default Compiling server, following huffy's write-up. issue with perl

On Huffy's write-up it says

Now after those 3, change the "Show directories for" to Library files and
repeat the steps for the following 3: (notice, a couple are different)

LIBRARY:
C:\mysql\lib\opt
C:\perl\lib\CORE
C:\zlib\lib

I have the folders right for mysql and zlib, but for perl all i have is
c:\perl\lib\(auto or memorize or SQL) no CORE folder. am I supposed to create one?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

What version of Perl did you install?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

been awhile since i installed perl, but im thinking you need to go back and reinstall and add extra components.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
been awhile since i installed perl, but im thinking you need to go back and reinstall and add extra components.
We have a winner!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Exclamation Reference Notes on Server Setup Guide by Huppy. *

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberdown View Post
On Huffy's write-up it says

Now after those 3, change the "Show directories for" to Library files and
repeat the steps for the following 3: (notice, a couple are different)

LIBRARY:
C:\mysql\lib\opt
C:\perl\lib\CORE
C:\zlib\lib

I have the folders right for mysql and zlib, but for perl all i have is
c:\perl\lib\(auto or memorize or SQL) no CORE folder. am I supposed to create one?
I have seen The Server Setup Guide by Huppy work multiple times in various environments [including Windows 7 64 Bit], its a good idea to follow the guide as close to the t as possible... also->installing on a FRESH INSTALL OF WINDOWS is preferred but not required ; a clean install on a clean install of Windows (for a Windows setup) means less chance of bugs and errors from what i''ve seen. In terms of the Guide itself (by Huppy) - I have seen it work with ActivePerl 5.10.1.1007 (i think the guide asks for something different but the version the guide calls for is literally IMPOSSIBLE to find anymore -> this listed version DOES work as good with this guide if you
follow the guide to the lette) and MySql Essential 5.1.54 Win32..

ActivePerl 5.10.1.1007 = [Download Here]
MySql Essential 5.1.54 Win32. = [Download Here]
Server Setup Guide = "COMPLETE PUBLIC SERVER SETUP" - By Huppy.

Note 1: When initially installing the programs be sure to restart between each installation just as the guide says, It helps prevent errors.
Note 2: I want to Thank Huppy for writing such a solid piece of literature concerning the setting up a server.

(I know you figured out the answer to what you were asking already but I just wanted to post this here
for reference and/or in case you ran into any more trouble.)

Old 07-06-2012, 06:03 AM
chamberdown
Sarnak

ok, so i thought i had downloaded all packages with perl, but apparently i didn't because when i reinstalled it, it worked fine. now I have another issue.

In his writeup it says to use navicat lite, however, I'm using heidisql because navicat wasn't available. How do i execute the sql updates in heidisql? and also, I'm at rev2159, in the guide it says to get all updates from 1711 and up because of the current rev that the OP was on (1751). Is this still the case? or are there updates that are already included?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:43 AM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberdown View Post
ok, so i thought i had downloaded all packages with perl, but apparently i didn't because when i reinstalled it, it worked fine. now I have another issue.

In his writeup it says to use navicat lite, however, I'm using heidisql because navicat wasn't available. How do i execute the sql updates in heidisql? and also, I'm at rev2159, in the guide it says to get all updates from 1711 and up because of the current rev that the OP was on (1751). Is this still the case? or are there updates that are already included?
Navicat Lite 10.0.5 - [Download Here]

Navicat isn't your only choice but I never used heidisql with eqemu before - as was said to best avoid errors you should follow the guide TO-THE-T first then go back and work on customizations or different approaches,etc. Download navicat and follow what the guide says first to ensure you get a working server up. btw - i found navicat in like 5 seconds with google searching for what the guide askes for "navicat lite".

(remember, when download mysql, perl, navicat, or any other software for maintaining or working with your Eqemu server
- its best to aim for 32 bit versions of the software(s), even if you have a 64 bit machine. I'm sure the guide says this but if not ;
I'll just post it here. Eqemu is 32 bit and working with 64 bit software may/may not cause bugs too.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Uleat
Developer

EQEmu and PEQ both can provide SQL updates in addition to the major database revision.

IF there are SQL updates with revisions equal to or greater than the major database revision number, these will need to be sourced in as well.
NO OTHER UPDATES SHOULD BE SOURCED IN UNLESS SPECIFICALLY NOTED. You WILL dork up your database if you try to apply old updates.

My only other nugget of 'wisdow' is to NOT copy the Zlib.dll into your system32 directory. You should never have to do that... (including
modifying the registry.)

Instead, just edit your 'Environment Variables' and add C:\zlib; to the 'Path' variable, then reboot.

The other programs do this automatically, which is why you have to reboot when you install them. Copying ..\zlib manually doesn't tell the
computer where to look for the dll file, so you have to.

Edit: HeidiSQL works just fine..you can perform single-/multi-line queries as well as 'source in' an entire *.sql file without using the MySQL command line.

U

Compilin' Dirty