Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Zodl
Fire Beetle

Default EQEmu Login Server

Hello all,

I recently decided to do a completely fresh install of EQEmu. I ran a private server for my friends and myself and used MiniLogin. I have been working on this for about a week without any luck. MiniLogin seems to be obsolete now, but I can't get the (relatively) new EQEmuLogin Server working. The last time I setup a server was probably over 3 years ago.

I use pre-compiled binaries, I've never had any success with compiling my own binaries, and I have so many programs used for compiling on my PC it's quite a mess now, I would rather not download more.

Is there a guide for how to (only) setup the EQEmuLogin Server? Or could someone give me step-by-step instructions? I primarily use this guide to setup my server.

If someone could, please inform me:

1. What files do I need in my server folder from the EQEmu Login Server to be compatible with a compiled binary? (Specify from the downloaded version or tortise svn)

2. What queries to run on either database (PEQDB or PEQLoginDB)

3. What to put into eqemu_config.xml (It looks like there is some needed overlap within the database on things like servernames - I understand that)

4. If there are any other files to modify to get this 'new' (to me, I know it's old) login server working.

As always, thank you for your time.

Edit: as a p.s., probably obvious, but I'm running an Windows 7, 64-bit machine. Please request any other info if needed.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

search yields:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=36279&page=2
Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Zodl
Fire Beetle

Yes, I had already read that thread. It seems to be intended for people who are compiling their sources (at least there are several references to one's "build" within the thread, and Cmak).

Would that work with the downloadable pre-compiled binaries?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

yes, the only differences being that all of the files referred to in my step by step are in the rar file you downloaded. you can safely dump everything into your server directory and then use post #25 in the thread as a guideline as to what to do with them.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Zodl
Fire Beetle

Very good. Thank you for a quick reply. I'll give that a shot.