Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Default Issue with a spell...

So when making spells I make the first spell and copy everything off of it into how many ever spells I need, example is my 'Divine Armor' spell I have. (I'm sure the rest of you do this too, I just want to explain my steps to see if someone can see where I messed up at..)

So, I created my Divine Armor R. I and went through my ranks.

Now, when I logged into game after extracting the spell file, and updating the spells through shared_memory, I decide to cast it on one of the clients, he gets the buff, but not the HP bonus, it says the casting client gets it. (Pic 1) ~~Sorry for blacking a lot out, no spoilers. :P

Then when I cast the SECOND ranked buff, it over takes the buff like it's spose to do, however.... THIS TIME it gives you hp...

I dunno...
Old 06-01-2014, 12:45 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

You need to export the spells table to a spells_us.txt file and put that in the client folder.

EDIT: actually, you say you did that, so maybe you just entered that one wrong or some way the client doesn't like?
Old 06-01-2014, 07:14 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Code:
// select target
 if // Bind Sight line of spells
 (
  spell_id == 500 || // bind sight
  spell_id == 407  // cast sight
 )
 {
  action->target = GetID();
 }
 else
 {
  action->target = spelltar->GetID();
 }
this was his issue in the source... the spell ID he was using had some source code associated with it... if anyone else runs into this issue when making all new spell :p

advice for others... CTRL + F in notepad ++ ... Find All in Files... (usually just look in a single folder at once otherwise it takes too long)

I asked him the ID of the spell.. I searched for it.. and found this tidbit of code in a few seconds
Old 06-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Demon, I know how to extract the spell file into a txt file and use it in the client, I mean, it shows 'Divine Armor' as the spells cast, instead of Holy Armor (Or any other AC buff, just like the buff icon looks like).

Nate - ^ Exactly. Thank you sir, I'm more then sure this was the issue, I've yet to actually test it out, as we had a lot of work ahead of us (we rearranged the house, out of bordem... grats?). But, I'm 100% that is the issue, Spell ID's 407, and 500 are off limits to use, it's a good thing to know. =P

EDIT; You know it was funny, I totally thought it was my name of my character for a little while, because they were so closely related to one another, (1 letter off), and when I cast the second rank and it worked, it was like 'Oh, nevermind..' Lol...

I've learned to assume the simplest stuff is the issue. :P.

ANYWAY - Nate you were correct, I changed it to 408 and just adjusted spells accordingly, and boom, it works. Problem solved, thank you sir.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:56 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Yeah, the client hardcoded some stuff, so we do in the source as well, generally higher up in the ids you'll see this less, so those should be less of an issue like this.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Yep, it's all good. I'll know next time to look to see if the spell is being used, =P. I try to keep spells in the lower numbers so we can support Titanium, while we do not actively support it (I think one of our zones is non-titanium accessible) we still want people to get the over all experience of the game, the progression line is all open to ANYONE who plays, a couple of the 'side zones' for like, world bosses, or what have you will not be open to those players...

Plus, half the spells that they have in the DB normally are what I'm using, I didn't even think about spells that are used by the client naturally.

Basically, if you log on to this server without spells files, you're going to have a bad time. =P Lol.