Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Elvin Rath
Fire Beetle

Default Sms recovery not working?

Hi, I tryed to recover my password 3 days ago, and I didn't receive any sms... I tryed again today, after the 72h cooldown I read about on the forums, and again it hasn't work.

I know that I have my number attached to the account because I used the sms in the past, in fact, I still have the sms I received about a year ago.

It's just not working anymore, or it might be some kind of mistake by my side? In the forum I read about someone who said that he was recieving the SMS's , but his phone didn't show them. That never happened to me, anything I coud do to check if it's that? My provider doesn't list the sms received on his website...

Something I coud do to make it work? Maybe there's a limit of sms/day and I have to try at a certain time?
I'm open to any idea, I miss my cleric
Old 05-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Elvin Rath
Fire Beetle

I kept on trying to get the SMS, and also tryed to link my number to they Project 1999 account (Just saying it because it probably is the reason why it has been blacklisted, I know that P1999 has it's own forum), and now.... My SMS is blacklisted.

Anything I can do, or shoud I forget about getting back to my account?
Old 07-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Elvin Rath
Fire Beetle

Still getting the message "This number has been blacklisted for previous verification failures."

I understand that there's probably nothing I can do, but as it seems that is a problem with the theorically working recovery system, I thought that I coud try.

On another thread, Akkadius said this

Quote:

Once again: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39716

The recovery issue has been resolved for modern created accounts. You can't recover historic accounts that had no password recovery system installed at the time, that is all that there is to it. We can look things up but also run into the issue of people trying to jack other peoples accounts just as much as anything so it becomes something that we don't care to babysit. Everyone can forget passwords I totally understand that, but that is the reality of the situation and it would be ideal that it was resolved sooner rather than later.

Even now we have some issues with SMS but that is entirely in Rogean's court ATM.
So I guess that maybe this is one of the issues with the SMS system, but I really haven't found info around about a case like mine. I woud really appreciate that if anyone knows any info he coud share it.

To summarize my case again, it was:

Recovery system works and is attached to my phone.
Time pass.
I try to use the recovery system. I don't get any SMS
My phone gets blacklisted (I guess that because I asked for the recovery too many times in just a few weeks because I didn't get any sms)
Old 07-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Elvin Rath
Fire Beetle

So,I woud add that maybe just unblacklist the phone number woud be enought.

Any chance about that..?

I mean, I guess that the adition to the blacklist was an automated action, and it doesn't seem to make much sense considering that the phone number seems to be something "sacred" that can't be changued...

Also, it doesn't seem (to me, coud be wrong) that the account coud be compromised for allowing the telephone number that was originally used with the account to be able on interact with it...

I apologize if I'm being pressing and understand that an answer, if there's any, coud take a long time.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?SMS
Old 07-30-2015, 03:23 AM
Elvin Rath
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
No changues on the situation.

First at all, thanks for the answer, but maybe I explained it bad.

If I go to that link, it says

"You have successfully added an SMS Verficiation Number to your account."

Of course I know that, as I said I still have on my phone the sms I got when I linked the phone 1 year ago.

The problem is that the phone is blacklisted. So, it now says, if I try to make use of the recovery system:

"This number has been blacklisted for previous verification failures."

This is probably because I tryed to use the recovery system a few months ago, and as I wasn't getting the SMS I tryed a few times.

So what I woud like to know is if there's any way to get the phone out of the blacklist so I can use the recovery system...