Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:28 PM
shooteneq1
Fire Beetle

Default Preferred Servers...?

Im wondering how does a server become a preferred server? im just curious because i was playing on one and for 3 days straight it was laggy, server crashes and rollbacks. i only played on it because i figured if it was preferred than it was stable and wouldnt have issues like this. i get they are free servers but imo if you are going to ask people to spend their time on your server then you need to maintain it. i feel like i just wasted 3 days. maybe preferred server means something else i dunno, im just curious though what the criteria is for it.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

General unofficial criteria for preferred status is to have:
30+ Players
Good standing in community
High uptime
Been established for many months with stable and respected ownership

As quoted from the front page of Everquest Emulator - You might need to report said server to Akkadius to have it removed if it's a problem.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Though, it doesn't state anything about not having roll backs... Sometimes problems happen. For me, it's updating the database. Every time I update my database something gets wonky and I have a rollback and re-do it, lol.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:46 PM
shooteneq1
Fire Beetle

im just a fan and player of everquest, i know nothing about coding or running things. it just seems like some servers are better and more stable than others, like anyone my time is valuable and playing for fun is not fun when your thrown repeated setbacks on what you thought was a stable server being preferred. I just didnt know if there was an actual criteria involved, i only joined the server in the first place because it was preferred, thinking it meant stable and maintained. but after reading the forums it seems like they have had lots of issues with this. appearently one of the main problems is people using mq2 to warp and pull entire zones, they know its an issue but pretty much do nothing about it other than ask politely not to do it, but people do it anyway and makes the server laggy as hell and crash.