Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Arrow The Heroes' Journey - Solo/Duo with Multiclassing

Greetings friends!

I am excited to announce The Heroes' Journey, a three-year labor of love aimed at creating an incredible solo\duo EQ experience. THJ is based in large part on Retribution, and will continue to gain content and features alongside it.

We have been in Alpha/Beta testing for close to a year, and are incredibly excited to share this project with the wider EQEmu community! I'm very proud of what we've accomplished!

We hope you join us for launch on November 1st at 7:00 PM Central!

If you can't be there, feel free to check out DirtyOldSocks, VarietyVoid, and VikkTheGreat on Twitch as they live stream the launch!

What is The Heroes' Journey?
  • Seamless Multiclassing - Choose three classes to combine in unique ways to customize your play style. Use all Spells, Disciplines, Items, Skills, and AA Abilities from all of your chosen classes. With 560 possible class combinations, character customization has rarely had this much freedom. Class stacking works exactly like you expect it to, if not better - All of your self-cast buffs will stack, and you can also have multiple pets!

• Solo/Duo Progression - All standard content is intended to be cleared by one to two players including all progression stages. Enemies are as strong as you remember, but you will find yourself to be much more powerful. Will your build allow you to solo dragons? Specific challenge mode content is on the roadmap!

• Time-Locked Progression - Initial roll-out will be time-locked. Newbie zones from RoK and SoL - alongside Iksar, Vah Shir, Beastlords, and Berserkers - are available in 'Classic'.

• Account-Bound Progression - All progression stages and unlocks are attached to your account rather than your character.

• Expanded AA Selection - Each class unlocks a selection of critical AA at level 1. Most other AA through TBS are purchasable without level restriction!

• Single-Box - Focus on a single character with a wide variety of abilities, instead of being required to multi-box in order to make progress.

• No MQ2 - While third-party software is not allowed, many QoL features of MQ, such as item and spell information, is built into the client. Actual MQ detection to keep everyone honest.

• Quality of Life Tweaks - Many custom features for quality of life have been added including, permanent self\group buffs, instances for most contested zones, debuffs clearing on combat end, the classic Bazaar zone as a working community hub that is exempt from IP limits (for traders, mules, etc), and a Bazaar and Back AA that allows players to leave their current adventure to return to the bazaar, and then return back exactly where they left off by activating it again, among many other things.

• Tiered Equipment - All equipment exists in three tiers, which can all drop or be upgraded in a fashion similar to evolving items.

• Big Bags - Bags with sizes greater than 10 are available!

• Weapon Ornaments - Turn any weapon, shield, or similar item into an ornament.

If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to join us in Discord as we put some final touches on The Heroes's Journey!

See you there!
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Looking forward to playing here!

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
chinese603
Fire Beetle

I have a ton of theory crafting to do, excited to try this out
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
servantjustice
Fire Beetle

This is by far the best server I've played on while in beta, everyone should try it out
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM
Mevlok
Fire Beetle

Maybe I'm dumb, but the Discord links are bad.
Old Today, 08:00 AM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevlok View Post
Maybe I'm dumb, but the Discord links are bad.
I just checked both the link in the post and on the THJ site and they are both working for me.

What is the error you get?

Tags
community, duo, multiclass, progression, solo