Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-22-2003, 06:44 AM
Cyboi20
Fire Beetle

Default 1017 HELP

okay, i read the other posts but they say to type in a command in mysql, i don't even have mysql so what should i do? I am on a router btw and my firewalls are disabled....
Old 06-23-2003, 05:06 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

1017 99% of the time means that your client is running a different version of EQ than your server. If you haven't installed mysql, I would wager that you are in this 99%.

Here's what you can do:
wait for next release of eqemu that allows Legends of Ykesha, and all current functions of EQ

Sorry, but that's currently your only solution.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:50 AM
damion1077
Fire Beetle

Default Wasen't getting it and now I am

I just started on this playing by loading up your patcher program then last night I coulden't get on keeps saying can not connect loaded it through EQ windows I get to the server selection then I get the error 1017 I've done everything listed still get teh same thing now what?
Old 06-23-2003, 11:17 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

You must wait until the next eqemu release. I'm sorry. Your client is incompatible with eqemu.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:01 PM
damion1077
Fire Beetle

Default Got back on

Don't ask me why I had backed up all my EQ files before LOY *laughs at himself* the only way I can get on is through a way I found to by pass the live EQ patcher I set this up in my puter not useing the patcher you make becuse it seems not to want to connect to your patch server it runs fine runs well minus the face of the lack of spawns but hey who complaining lol I'm haveing fun all that matters hehe

What I have set for loading:
C:\EqEmu\eqgame.exe patchme
If you backed up before LOY or the programing downloaded here isen't working just remeber to set your eqhost file for the server here:
[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5999"
"eqlogin2.eqemu.net:5999"
}

I hope this don't get anyone upset just trying to help out for an awsome set up you guys have here good luck to all with probs later
Old 06-24-2003, 02:44 AM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

1017 relates to different versions on your computer vs. the version of the server. notice that some servers will give you 1017 and others wont. this tells me that the 1017 error is caused on the server end not matching your version of eqemu. just my 2 coppers worth.

not positive, but from what i gather in the files is that this has to do with your files in your binary folder on the server end. example 4.4 dr1 and 4.4 listed on the server select screen.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:52 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

4.3 4.4DR and 4.4 are all on the same release. If you get it on some servers and not others, they MIGHT have different files from standard 12/02 client, but it's unlikely. 1017 on some servers is probably a configuration problem.