Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-23-2003, 12:33 AM
burthold
Sarnak

Default CVS and stable builds available thanks to TCSMYWORLD

http://www.rpg-forums.com/eqemu

you will see two files one of them is

044_6_20_03_best_for_world_building_exes.zip

This one is recommended for world building as the #spawnfix works correctly in it.

Eqemu_cvs_compile_6_22_03_exes.zip

This one is the latest CVS compile #spawnfix doesn't work properly but other fixes are in there.

Enjoy!

Wes
Old 06-23-2003, 02:20 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

Gonna post here because FUD sucks.

There have been no changes to #spawnfix after 6/20
Old 06-24-2003, 07:45 AM
Shadowrun[EQ]
Sarnak

tried using the new cvs builds posted there and get these errors

Quote:
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn listError in PopulateZoneLists que
ry 'SELECT id, spawngroupID, x, y, z, heading, respawntime, variance, pathgrid,
timeleft FROM spawn2 WHERE zone='gfaydark'' #1054: Unknown column 'timeleft' in
'field list'
ERROR: Couldn't populate zone spawn list.
Zone->Init failed
Maybe something's wrong with my db or with the new cvs builds don't know.
Hmm DB error. . . ok fixed, hmm can't login. . .ok fixed, hmmm 1017 error. . .ok fixed, hmmmm crashed to desktop. . .ok fixed, hmmmmm UI Error. . .ok fixed, HardDrive Failure all Data is Lost. . .GAWD F$#$ DAMMIT PEACE OF S@#$ FU#@$#ING LIFE OF MINE#@$#@$!!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:57 AM
burthold
Sarnak

Quote:
There have been no changes to #spawnfix after 6/20
I apologize, that is word for word what tcsmyworld told me when he sent me the files. I would be more than happy to confirm this with him. I am not trying to spread FUD at all. I asked him if he would send me the current CSV builds when they happen so those of us who don't have the compiler or the know how to compile the most recent build but would like to benefit from the updates.

Thanks,
Wes
Old 06-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I've been hoping that someone would step up and write a nightly job to pull down CVS, compile the win32 executables, and dump them to a hosted directory. I've thought about doing it, but decided against advertising any of my servers URLS's considering the level of contempt we seem to have these days...

If any of you feel like becoming a full time CVS binary hosting facility, make a build batch job that will publish it.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:55 AM
burthold
Sarnak

I will be more than happy to host any binary builds from CVS I just can't seem to get my asshat off long enough to figure out wincvs I think I'm gonna build out a linux box this weekend just to pull the CVS tree down. Then I got to figure out vc++ 6.0 and compile it shouldn't take me more than a month or two.

Wes
Old 06-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

An easy way to do it is to install Cygwin (freely available from the RedHat guys) , it'll run linux cvs natively under windows...

Much easier, I try not to use WinCVS if I dont have to
Old 06-24-2003, 01:24 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

The build dated 6/20 was compiled with the updates as of 6/17, the build dated 6/22 was compiled from changes made between the 17th and the 22nd when I got the updates from CVS.
Sorry about any cofusion.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:35 PM
burthold
Sarnak

no problem I'll make the corrections thanks again tcsmyworld!

Wes
Old 06-24-2003, 01:41 PM
booa
Fire Beetle

[quote="Shadowrun[EQ]"]tried using the new cvs builds posted there and get these errors

Quote:
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn listError in PopulateZoneLists que
ry 'SELECT id, spawngroupID, x, y, z, heading, respawntime, variance, pathgrid,
timeleft FROM spawn2 WHERE zone='gfaydark'' #1054: Unknown column 'timeleft' in
'field list'
ERROR: Couldn't populate zone spawn list.
Zone->Init failed
I encountered the same error . This did the trick .

ALTER TABLE spawn2 ADD COLUMN timeleft int(5) NOT NULL default '0';

**Remember to backup your db before tinkering ! **

Gratitude to " tcsmyworld "
Old 06-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Shadowrun[EQ]
Sarnak

Thanks for the tip and will try. Also thanks for posting the cvs exe's I've been tryin my butt off to get'em cuz of the spawnfix command(it's gonna make my life easier). Also Trumpcard If i can figure out this cvs I can also host some exe's if needed. Already got my vc++ loaded just to mess with the cvs's. Just can't figure out how to use cvs progs to get'em.

Like before stated, thanks for posting them guys.
Hmm DB error. . . ok fixed, hmm can't login. . .ok fixed, hmmm 1017 error. . .ok fixed, hmmmm crashed to desktop. . .ok fixed, hmmmmm UI Error. . .ok fixed, HardDrive Failure all Data is Lost. . .GAWD F$#$ DAMMIT PEACE OF S@#$ FU#@$#ING LIFE OF MINE#@$#@$!!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Like i said in the earlier post, just install Cygwin...

Then follow the instructions on the soureforge page for getting a cvs repository. The modulename is 'Nightdumps'
Old 06-25-2003, 01:48 AM
burthold
Sarnak

I'll work on scripting out builds and posting the exe's automaticly this weekend.

Wes
Old 06-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I'll be out of town this weekend, but give me a holler on IRC early next week if you need any help...

Anyone in the Tampa area? I'm heading down there for a concert....
Old 06-25-2003, 06:37 AM
Shadowrun[EQ]
Sarnak

I live in Tampa. . What concert ya comin to see?