Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-09-2003, 12:27 PM
eqplayer05
Fire Beetle

Default world.exe error

k, now i know this will sound dumb at first but here goes...

i put in all my ip stuff in the files, i put password and username all over the place... done everything it sais in this tutorial.... http://eqemu.sourceforge.net/shawn31...ts/readme.html

and i do everything its asked (in fact ive done it 4 different times trying different stuff, but to no avail, ive even tried on different hard drives and different partitions of same drive. and no workie... this is what my error sais when i click world.exe

....(a bunch of text flashes through here)...

mySQL error #1405 or #2001 means your mysql server rejected the username and password you presented it.
hit any key to exit...

NOW before u say.... u dont have the right user name and password... I DO, i have deleted my.ini from windows many times to re input password but to no avail... i have ran a server before but had to format my harddrive for certain reasons and now i cant... hellppp
Old 10-09-2003, 12:29 PM
eqplayer05
Fire Beetle

Default oh yeah...

im using windows 98 by the way
Old 10-10-2003, 01:29 AM
Merth
Dragon

First of all, use this tutorial instead: http://www.everquestserver.com/forum...pic.php?t=9648

The one you linked is outdated.

Second, prove to yourself that you have the correct username/password. Open up a DOS prompt and navigate to the mysql/bin folder. From there, run this syntax:

Code:
mysql -u MyUserName -p MyDatabase
It will then ask you for the password. If you get in, your username/password is valid. If not, you need to get it right. Use the tutorial up above for more information on how to do it.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:54 AM
eqplayer05
Fire Beetle

whats it supposed to say when u get the password right? will a bunch of stuff pass through the window, because i do it exactly like u said... from /mysql/bin i do

mysql -u ... -p ...

then it doesnt ask for a password and flashes a bunch of lines, but if lets say i use a different user name than the one its supposed to use, it asks for a password and since its not a real user name the password wont be correct... so i tried going to db.ini and just putting in nothing for the password, but then world.exe automatically just shuts down after u double click it,

and by the way, i know im asking alot of questions and i really am glad you guys are helping me, if u think i should just give up tell me...
Old 10-11-2003, 03:00 AM
kai_shadowbane
Sarnak

the syntax for the command line for
MySQL is:

mysql -u (username) -p (password)

what you edit in the db.ini file will have no bearing unless the account name and password you put in there has access to the eq database in MySQL

(the db.ini file is for EQEmu, not a part of MySQL which is where your databases are stored)

and as far as I can tell, everything stays the same in Win98, except how the adding to the system path is set up, so follow the instructions EXACTLY, and find where someone else asked about the Win98 %PATH% stuff for it.

Course then you ask, do you have a firewall, is the permissions for your ip set up right in MySQL, etc.

Oh, and think about an OS upgrade
Old 10-11-2003, 03:01 AM
mattmeck

If you do a search for the error #'s #1405 or #2001 then sort through the million posts that come up there is about 10 diferent ways to fix them talked about. dont got time to sort throught them now or i would link some.