Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-13-2003, 07:34 AM
naik
Fire Beetle

Default A quick question

Hiya all, FIrst off I wanted to say, to the devs, good work on this. I set up a linux server a long time ago. then stoped gaming all together to work on other projects. Anyhow I have recently got a server up and running again and have a few questions before I put my server on eqemu's server list.

With My current set up I wanted to get it working on the lan first. I know its unsupported and i don't intend to keep it that way. although i did run into an issue that I would like to solve before i add my server (in case no one can connect to it for some reason )

I can Connect and play just fine on my local lan. No problems.
but when I jump on my PC that is on a different network and log in with a differnt name, It gets to the server select, but when i select a server it gives the 1017 error. any one have an idea, My only conclusions are that MiniLogin was re wrote to only allow 1 connection or there is something i'm missing in a setting? Perhaps a port i don't have forwarded or something, but before i slap it on a dmz i wanna exuast all other options.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:59 AM
arkaria
Discordant

1017 is a version conflic between the server and client. Patch your client.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:42 AM

Quote:
1017 is a version conflic between the server and client. Patch your client.
When using minilogin and a private server, you can also get 1017 if you don't have an account in the eq.account sql table.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:44 AM
mattmeck

whats interesting is when running my own server, i can get 1017 20 times then it will let me in a couple times then 1017 again. It dose this with the servers using the login server too.