Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Draugr
Hill Giant

Default Custom Zones?

Hi all,
Quick question. Is it possible or will it be possible in the near future for a person to be able to create their own custom zones that would allow them to run their own worlds? A few years ago I made a continent on Pen & paper that was built with an EQ view in mind. I was making it for Neverwinter Nights, but it just didn't feel right. EQ was the graphical feel and look I was imagining when making the continent and zones on paper. Now, I see that EQemu has come sooooo far I am hoping that I may be able to one day create my own custom zones or maps for use in EQEmu. That would be a lot of fun and allow a great fiversity throughout the EQemu community. Anyhow, if anyone has any info on this pleae let me know.

Thanks
John
Old 11-14-2003, 09:57 AM
mangoo
Items Master

http://www.everquestserver.com/forum...pic.php?t=9428
Old 11-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

This link is more pertinent for zones created entirely from scratch (INCLUDING TEXTURES!)

http://www.everquestserver.com/forum...ic.php?t=10348

There's a great program called TextureMaker available on the web that you can use to make your own textures, and you can download OpenZone here to get started on making your own zones.

WC