Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Aescleal
Fire Beetle

Default Readme and public login

Hi, i've been over and over these forums, and the main page as well, so I feel okay about asking what I'm about to ask...

I haven't found a good answer yet about public logins. I've read the readme, and it makes reference to it, as thought it can be done. But the readme was last updated 01/31/2003 07:33 PM and even tho it says publiclogin is removed, it still talks about it. Can minilogin handle multiple logins now instead?

I'm hoping to run a server that 6 friends can log directly into from over the internet, but i'm hoping I won't have to post it on the serverlist like all the rest. It's not much of a server, and won't handle much more than this number... so I want to limit the number and who can log in... Have I just missed the instructions somewhere? Do I still need to find a current publiclogin.exe file? [they all seem very old now].

If somebody can help me out, can you please...?... I'm not looking to be flamed here for asking a question that may seem obvious to everybody else, so I'm hesitant about it, but I really can't find what I'm looking for.

I hope somebody will be kind enough to be helpful,

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Aescleal
Fire Beetle

?

~bump
Old 11-15-2003, 06:29 PM
mattmeck

Do a search for "minilogin"

It is UNSUPORTED tho so you will need to lern how to use it by reading back posts.

Also there is several other discussions dealing with this going on right now.

Easiest way to do what your saying is to use the public login and make your friends GM's and keep the server locked, that way only the people who are GM's can get in.