Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-21-2004, 03:17 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Solar was looking at the 5.3 stuff I merged in and seemed to think (at least then) that he might be able to get it into 5.5 without too much hassle...
Old 02-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Valcor
Fire Beetle

I added it all, and compiled it. However, It doesnt save the face/hair/eyes ect when I zone. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-22-2004, 01:59 PM
vesuvias
Fire Beetle

A preliminary romp through the code revieled that this isn't just a simple patch with the code. The structs changed for a great deal of things. I believe I got the create character struct working agian however Spawn_Struct changed. I didn't get as much chance to look at it as I would have liked this weekend. I should hopefully be able to fix it up this week. After that I may try to throw some effort at some of bugs caused by 5.5 (can't memorize correctly, etc).

Ves
Old 02-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Valcor
Fire Beetle

From what Ive seen of 5.5R1 the face thing is mostly fixed... I havent tryed it with other clients looking at me yet, but on the Chr selection screen the face is saved.

In-game its a bit different, it seems to default to a base look until I do /face. At which point I can hit cancel, and then I look like I did on the chr screen. Also, on 5.5 it seems factions are broken.

Great work though vesucias, and everyone who tinkers with code to make this work better =)
Old 02-22-2004, 04:52 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
In-game its a bit different, it seems to default to a base look until I do /face. At which point I can hit cancel, and then I look like I did on the chr screen.
Im curious to know, did you try and zone before you did that? And if so did that NOT worK?

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by samandhi
Quote:
In-game its a bit different, it seems to default to a base look until I do /face. At which point I can hit cancel, and then I look like I did on the chr screen.
Im curious to know, did you try and zone before you did that? And if so did that NOT worK?
My ingame facial hair/hair color/style was never the same as i made it or what was at char select... when i made the character i chose a white hair/white goatee look (which appears fine on char select), but ingame i always see a brown hair and brown (different style) beard. even after re-applying the white hair/goatee with the ingame faces menu, the exact same thing happend.

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 02-23-2004, 01:48 PM
vesuvias
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn319
My ingame facial hair/hair color/style was never the same as i made it or what was at char select... when i made the character i chose a white hair/white goatee look (which appears fine on char select), but ingame i always see a brown hair and brown (different style) beard. even after re-applying the white hair/goatee with the ingame faces menu, the exact same thing happend.
I am going to try and fix this up tonight. I have everything working except ServerZoneEntry_Struct which is what controls what your avatar looks like to you when you zone into someplace (I don't think I had this working under 0.5.3 either though). I have everything working for that except beard and beardcolor. Hopefully I can put up the working diffs later tonight.

Ves
Old 02-23-2004, 03:46 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
I am going to try and fix this up tonight. I have everything working except ServerZoneEntry_Struct which is what controls what your avatar looks like to you when you zone into someplace (I don't think I had this working under 0.5.3 either though). I have everything working for that except beard and beardcolor. Hopefully I can put up the working diffs later tonight.
Will your code include both oldworld, and luclin models?

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-23-2004, 03:53 PM
vesuvias
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by samandhi
Will your code include both oldworld, and luclin models?
If I am not mistaken old world models are jst dependant of the face position of the luclin version. So yes they should work fine if luclin faces are working.

Ves
Old 02-23-2004, 04:01 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Aaaah I did NOT know that... Ok good...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-24-2004, 01:48 AM
vesuvias
Fire Beetle

Ok I fixed it up. Hopefully these changes will get everything working (as far as luclin apperences go) for everyone. Changes are agianst the 0.5.5.DR1 version.

diffs are here

and full files are here

please.. please tell me if it looks like I forgot a file or something doesn't work (I was kind of running out the door this mourning so I may have missed something).

Hope this helps...

Ves
Old 02-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Valcor
Fire Beetle

Sorry, been busy latley. To answer your question, it happened when I zoned also. I could do /face then cancel and it would be what I choose (same as chr selection screen). But I zone, and it goes to a default look. Short brown hair, and mustache I think it is. My chr sounds like Shawns kind of. Human model (luclin) with long white hair, but mine has no facial hair. But when I loggin, or zone it looks to me like its short brown hair, mustache *shrugs*.

I downloaded the new changes and compiling them soon. Ill let you know what happens.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Valcor
Fire Beetle

Excellent fix =) Works fine now. I double checked it with my wife logged in on her computer, and we could see each other as the faces we picked. Then, after doing /face and picking something else, the person who changed there face needed to zone for the changes to be made to the other client(s). Which is fine =)

One hell of a job on that, kudos!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Now merged into 5.5 DR1. It will be there next release
Old 02-25-2004, 11:50 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Excellent work Scorp and vesuvias....

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ