Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

actually 154 listed as Fay Drake Yep that was the one I was after I couldn't figure out what to use to get EQNPC to output 154 I ended up editing it manually afterwards. Same with TempleofVeesan ad the zone.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:11 AM
Drawde
Dragon

Sorry, I missed out ToV. I thought the "Faydrake" race number was unused (the "fae drakes" in the Faydark and Firiona Vie are actually Drixies) but it seems it is used in some zones.
I've put those two entries into EQNPC, I'll upload an updated version as soon as I finish doing a list of all the zone and race names it uses.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:17 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Thanks Drawde!
Old 04-16-2002, 07:32 AM
Ariak
Dragon

Drawde = Da Man.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

I have a fixed rivervale zone for you (change file)

This should make the zone darn near complete and accureate as far a locs and npc's spawned. I marked 2 to be deleted, and added 2 in. A lot of spawns were moved in the Z by just 1. The spawn log numbers go em all to spawn right so I just stuck with it, even if only different in Z by 1 :p

I am going to work on Highhold Keep and Pass next...

I am also going to try and find some better diff type programs, any suggestions?
Old 04-17-2002, 12:12 AM
Drawde
Dragon

Thanks very much, I'll look at that data later and try adding it to my DB.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:13 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Not sure what your using Lurker, but if youre comfortable with Unix/Linux, download Cygwin.. Its a bit of an overkill, youre basically installing a Win32 port of a Unix environment, but it does provide you with a Windows ported Unix diff, along with all the other cool utilitiles we've come to love and expect from Unix..
Old 04-17-2002, 11:32 AM
theCoder
Sarnak

I agree completely with Trumpcard -- diff is the way to go. Also, you'll want to use the command line options -Naur to create "proper" patch files (which can be used by the unix tool patch). So what you want to do is run in the directory above the EMU directory
Code:
diff -Naur eqemu-original/file.txt eqemu-working/file.txt > patchfile.txt
(assuming that your changes are in the eqemu-working directory and the original is in the eqemu-original directory)

Then, to apply the changes in patchfile.txt, you go to the EMU directory and run
Code:
patch -p1 < patchfile.txt
You can also have changes to multiple files or whole directories with the same system (just give the directory name instead of the file name when running diff).

You can get both diff and patch with cygwin if you're running Windows. The GNU utilities are really nice, even if they take a little time to get used to.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Whoot! found a full W32 command line port of it

http://www.fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp/aft...h-diff-w32.zip

The readme is in japanese, but diff and patch --help is in english

I'll have to play with it a bit to get a good handle on it.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:43 PM
theCoder
Sarnak

I probably should have posted this before, but if you want to get the full cygwin (which I recommend), you can get it from one of the mirrors listed here:
http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

For quick downloading, just click here.

According to the package list (http://cygwin.com/packages/), both diff and patch are included. Also included is bash (a better shell than cmd) and gcc for compiling. The version of cygwin that I have installed is older, so YMMV, but you'll probably be happy.

And, as always, you can get the source code to any of the GNU software from one of the mirrors listed at http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
Old 04-17-2002, 05:45 PM
theCoder
Sarnak

I probably should have posted this before, but if you want to get the full cygwin (which I recommend), you can get it from one of the mirrors listed here:
http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

For quick downloading, just click here.

According to the package list (http://cygwin.com/packages/), both diff and patch are included. Also included is bash (a better shell than cmd) and gcc for compiling. The version of cygwin that I have installed is older, so YMMV, but you'll probably be happy.

And, as always, you can get the source code to any of the GNU software from one of the mirrors listed at http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
Old 04-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Well here is a test diff file for drawde's 0.8 up to my changes tonight. The diff ran fine, but I am having trouble trying to get patch to apply the changes.

I get:
C:\Amusement Park\games\EQNPC\Diff>patch -p1 < patchfile
can't find file to patch at input line 4
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -Naur Drawde0.8/EQSpawns.txt Lurker0.3/EQSpawns.txt
|--- Drawde0.8/EQSpawns.txt Sun Apr 07 17:09:52 2002
|+++ Lurker0.3/EQSpawns.txt Thu Apr 18 01:59:26 2002
File to patch:
C:\Amusement Park\games\EQNPC\Diff>

Or:
C:\Amusement Park\games\EQNPC\Diff\Drawde0.8>patch -p1 < patchfile
patching file EQSpawns.txt
missing header for unified diff at line 10 of patch
can't find file to patch at input line 10
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|-1,4 +1,4 @@
|-NumNPCs 5617
|+NumNPCs 5611
| Aagron EasternPlainsofKarana 35 2010 0 0 3 Human 311 5 Warrior 0 1 -636 -52 3
| Aanina_Rockfinder NorthKaladim 38 3210 1 0 1 CitizenKaladim 108 394 Shopkeeper
210 1 401 -155 3
| Aarina_Ratsbone SouthKaladim 38 3210 0 0 1 CitizenKaladim 108 394 Shopkeeper 5
1 183 -137 3
File to patch:
If I change to where Drawde's files are.

Anyhow here is the Diff file. Now time for some sleep.