Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-13-2004, 11:17 AM
uabtodd
Fire Beetle

Default 3/10/04 patch

If I downloaded the 03/10/04 patch am I SOL for playing on EQEMu 5.5 servers until there is an update?
Just wondering. I can log onto a server, create a character, but everytime i try to enter world it kicks me back to server select, no matter what server I use. Any info is appreciated.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13430
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 03-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Default Re: 3/10/04 patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by uabtodd
If I downloaded the 03/10/04 patch am I SOL for playing on EQEMu 5.5 servers until there is an update?
Just wondering. I can log onto a server, create a character, but everytime i try to enter world it kicks me back to server select, no matter what server I use. Any info is appreciated.
Just for you I created another EQ directory and patched to live. I could login fine to my minilogin 5.5DR1 server and a couple of other random servers (Shawn's 5.5RC1 and another I don't remember the name of).
Old 03-13-2004, 01:24 PM
uabtodd
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Just for you I created another EQ directory and patched to live. I could login fine to my minilogin 5.5DR1 server and a couple of other random servers (Shawn's 5.5RC1 and another I don't remember the name of).
So it isn' the patch then. Just out of curiousity, what race/class combo were you using, I remember seeing a post about only certain race/class combos worked with the 5.5 right now, but they never said which ones.
Thanks for checking the patch though, at least I know there is some hope maybe. I appreciate you going through that trouble.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

Read the front page.

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 03-13-2004, 03:41 PM
uabtodd
Fire Beetle

Well, now I know its not the patch, and Ive read that dark elf warrior and dark elf wizard are supposed to work with no problems, but nothing is working for me.
I can log in to a server, create a character, hit enter world, and it always sends me back out to the connect/account/options/exit screen with the dude with the 2 axes. I couldnt find Shawn's server to try to log on, but I have tried on every other server, nothing has worked. Anybody have any clue what is going on?
I was able to connect fine the last time I was trying out eqemu, about a year or two ago, and was trying to get back into now, but nothing seems to work. I have checked all the guides and faqs, but nothing seems to match my problem. I dont get any error messages or anything, it always just goes back out to that screen.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Lasiel
Hill Giant

And this is why you always keep a backup of a 'working' EQ dir.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:04 AM
uabtodd
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasiel
And this is why you always keep a backup of a 'working' EQ dir.
Not sure what you mean by that.
I can play eqlive fine still, no problems there.
If you mean a eq dir that works with the emulator, well since I just decided friday to try out the emulator again and it hasn't worked yet, I can't make a backup of a working eq dir. I am just wondering if this is a common problem or if i just have a screwed up computer. I can log onto any emu server and create a character, but always return to the connect/account/options screen after a few seconds of blank monitor after I click enter world.