Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Tandin
Fire Beetle

Default Router

I can get on eqemu fine an after I connect to a server an make my character an try to enter world I get booted back to server select screen. I've been searching these forums all day an think my problem is due to my router. I'm using a Hawking router, I just don't know how to set it up to work with eqemu. I can get to the place where you can change the settings an everything it's just peoples posts are not very clear on what your suppose to change.Any help would be nice.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:37 AM
Tandin
Fire Beetle

I just enabled DMZ but still getting booted back to server select upon entering world, I am patched to live so I'm trying to connect to the updated servers
Old 04-26-2004, 06:19 AM
GreatSageCorban
Sarnak

If you're on the DMZ, then the problem shouldn't be your router... unless you have a DLink. As far as I know, there isn't any ports that need to be opened up client side. It cld be that Sony has released another patch of some sort, I don't know.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Gossamer
Sarnak

If you are forwarding ports AND on the DMZ you need to change it so you are on one or the other, not both.
Also, unless you are running 5.7DR2 you wont be able to connect since the last live patch.