Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-14-2004, 08:50 PM
toaster
Fire Beetle

Default CVS location

What CVS server are the developers using these days ? The sourceforge CVS appears to be rather out of date.

It would be nice to be able to get full diffs bewteen DR3 vs DR4, I am trying to figure out why zones are crashing out like they are.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:08 PM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

http://cvs.biosprite.net
remember,only if you know coding,go there.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:35 AM
toaster
Fire Beetle

Actually, I ment real anonymous access to the CVS tree.

This way, I can get live updates, and diffs bewteen branches. (Which, I would hope they tag things bewteen releases :P )
Old 06-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Virus11
Discordant

There is a developer CVS, but you must get permission to download from it. It is mainly for developers only. If you want to update your code, there are many fixes posted in this forum and the Bug Report forum that would probally be in the developer source. http://cvs.biosprite.net/ is the public dumps, which are the dumps whenever khuong is high on crack, but their wont be another dump for a while because some dumbass made a big deal (or something like that) about how the developers messed up his hard work or something along those lines.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

you mean said "dumbass" never heard of backup? So now everyone suffers , reminds me of some other "dumbass" that put some coffee between her legs lol
Old 06-15-2004, 05:45 PM
toaster
Fire Beetle

Thats rather discouraging, having access to the CVS server it self would make things much easier for me. I do all of my development via CVS. Everything from work, my main projects to my small side and toy projects that won't ever be released to the public. (Like small shell scripts I toss together for whatever) The history is very valuable for tracking down bugs.

Another problem is, all of the code submitted is snippits posted in the messageboard, its a pain to merge and takes far more time then downloading a diff and merging it.

The CVS dumps are helpfull, I agree. I personally think it slows down someone whos not a developer, who wants to contribute a small fix or feature.

For example: I was thinking about making a change to specify in the spawn DB if the mob gets a pet or not. If so, then create a pet based on its class. The wizards in Ssra don't have familiars :P I don't know if anyone else is working on this, and I don't want to submit code that was already done, or is out of date. I am not the greatest C++ programmer, so it will take much longer time then normal to create it. I am also doing it for learning purposes. (I am a PHP guy)

What are the chances of someone like me getting read-only access to the private CVS server for these reasons ?
Old 06-16-2004, 01:19 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

To control whether NPC's can summon pets, just edit the NPC spell lists in the database. The default spell lists have all pet classes casting their pet summoning spells, but that can be changed without having to alter any code.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:59 AM
bUsh
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
*snip*
The dumps at cvs.biosprite.net should be enough for you to modify anything you want - when you've completed a fix or addition, just post it in this forum (EQEmu Development) and we'll merge it into the SCM tree.

* ServerOP * The Green Leaf Server