Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:55 PM
choader
Sarnak

Default Loot Editor?

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out the loot editor for EQAdmin 5.2

Is it possible for for anyone to post or PM me some help on how to work it, please? I would use Sandy's but it crashes for me, even after following all the directions.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:34 PM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Default Re: Loot Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by choader
Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out the loot editor for EQAdmin 5.2

Is it possible for for anyone to post or PM me some help on how to work it, please? I would use Sandy's but it crashes for me, even after following all the directions.

Thanks!
I found that it works best if you edit existing items. I had alot of problems when i tried to create all new items with it. Other then that, it is really pretty simple to use.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:41 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

I beleive he was talking about the Loot Editor, not item editor, if not sorry and disregard this post, but if so then:

1. are you sure its in the folder you run EQEmu from?
2. Libmysql.dll is in the folder were EQEmu and loot editor is?
3. The icones folder is in that directory also?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:06 PM
choader
Sarnak

Everythings there. Sandy's loads fine, but when i try to assign loot it crashes for me.

I was told EQAdmin 5.2 can also be used, this is what i need some help on figuring out.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:42 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Oh my bad, the loot editor is pretty simple once you understand it some. There may be other ways to do it, but here is how I do it.

Click the LOOT table, and make sure your viewing the Loot_Table area. Go down and ADD RECORD and it will make a new record (probably something like 149XX I would imagine, depending on what database you got). Under the name section you give it a name, any name will work. Mincash and Maxcash are just as they say. The money is counted as copper in this field, so if you want the mob to drop anywhere from 4 silver to 2plat you would put 40 mincash and 2000maxcash. I am not sure about avgcoin, I never use it and have had no troubles. For right now ignore the entries (probability) field.

Ok now go to the loot drops tab. Now before you can do anything here you need to know the item number of the item or items your mob can drop. For this example we will say your mob has a 50/50 chance of having two different items. Now once again make a new record here. It SHOULD be the same number as your previous record under the Loot Table tabs, however if it is not its ok. Now under the section that says Loot_Drop_Entries you need to the lootdrop_id you just made. Then for the item put in the item id, for the first item. If you just made the item it MAY give you the incorrect name, that is ok as long as the itemid is right your good. For item_charges I normally don't use it. Equip_item is good if you have a weapon and you want your mob to hold it. If you want your mob to hold the item put a 1 in here, otherwise leave it as 0. Chance is how often it has this piece of loot.

If your mob only drops 1 peice of loot you might as well put 100 in here. LEts say you want a mob to have a 50 50 chance at 2 items, then you will put 50 in here. Now lets say you want a mob to have a good chance at a crap piece of loot, and a rare chance at good loot. You could have crap item drop 80 percent, and rare item drop 20 percent.

Now to have a chance at different items you need to click add_item. Here do the same thing, only on chance adjust it to however you see fit. Now remember as it is now this mob will never have more then 1 piece of loot. This only gives its a chance at having 1 of 2 pieces of loot. If you put 50 50 for there chance then you have a 50 50 chance at seeing the piece of loot (depending how you adjust the loot_table later).

Ok now go back to the Loot_Table tab. Here is a part that can easily confuse a person if your not careful (it did me at first). Scroll back down to your newly created loot table, it should be at the very bottom. Now you should see a Loot_Table_Entries field. Here for the loottable_id you put in the number that you see under ID in the field above it. Now where it says loot_drop you put the id of the loot_drop field from the other tab. More then likely they are the exact same numbers, if not you will need to click back over to the loot_drop tab and get the number of it. For multiplier I would leave it as 1. As for probabilty this is how often you want your loot table to check your loot_drops.

So basically if you set this to 100 your mob will ALWAYS drop 1 of the 2 items you assigned to it. IF you set to this 50 then half the time your mob will drop 1 of those 2 items assigned to it. For a boss mob I normally leave this at 100, however if you have a set of spawns that has a random chance at dropped a random armor piece you may with to set it at a lower number, otherwise your players will have a full set of X armor in about 5 minutes. That sums up the loot_editor..mostly.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:48 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

just use sandy's loot editor. it's easy to understand from just looking at it. It makes things simple.

You say it crashes for you? how so? what does it do exactly?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:24 AM
choader
Sarnak

Default Sandy's

It loads fine, everything runs fine, but it's when I try to assign loot, it crashes. Also, on some zones it crashes.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:27 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Define "Crashes"
Old 08-10-2004, 08:11 AM
choader
Sarnak

Default Crashes

It just freezes the program, and asks if i want to send an error report.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:14 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Sounds like your database might have strange values that confuse it. Doesn't give me any issues.