Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Zisct
Fire Beetle

Default Getting Started.

I followed the guide to the exact on the news homepage.Muwein, or something other wrote it (sorry if its mispelled ) but when i reach step 5ish i run the patcher after puting in the patchme part i click on account and it goes to my regular account info, never the emu one. Am i doing something wrong because i've been trying a few hours to get this thing running

Any info will help me. Thanks!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:46 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

try the support forums
Old 09-08-2004, 02:13 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Default Re: Getting Started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisct
I followed the guide to the exact on the news homepage.Muwein, or something other wrote it (sorry if its mispelled ) but when i reach step 5ish i run the patcher after puting in the patchme part i click on account and it goes to my regular account info, never the emu one. Am i doing something wrong because i've been trying a few hours to get this thing running

Any info will help me. Thanks!
My bad, the guide was in correct.

Guide updated and post moved. Check my guide again for the correct step.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Zisct1
Sarnak

Default Grrrr

Tried it again, re-downloaded the new eqclient, loaded eq, clicked on account, then it took me to regular EQ homepage with regular-live account. I can't seem to find out where did to get the emu account registration. Any suggestions? Any info will help me out!

Sorry if i'm being a newb rofl, kinda new to the whole emu thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcguirk
cause there too busy keeping the crowd of blind idiots entertained.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Default Re: Grrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisct1
Tried it again, re-downloaded the new eqclient, loaded eq, clicked on account, then it took me to regular EQ homepage with regular-live account. I can't seem to find out where did to get the emu account registration. Any suggestions? Any info will help me out!

Sorry if i'm being a newb rofl, kinda new to the whole emu thing...
You didnt download the correct eqlsClient.ini or you didnt place it in the right directory.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Zisct1
Sarnak

Default Attempt 3

Ok! new problem. I got the eq emu account !(wewt someone posted the script web page for it on another forum..it pays to read!) ok now my problem is getting on. It might be the client or it might be the shortcut. Because when i do the right click on the icon and click on the properties i try to add the "patchme" part to the end but a window pops up when i try to...the best i can manage is
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe" patchme. which i feel like is doing nothing because i can put poopymonkey after the "'s and it will still accept. But if i take the quotes out after the exe. same thing windo will pop up wont let it be. i Tried the - even still a no go. is it supposed to look like i have it? Also tried
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme but when i go to log in it says my account does not exist or i have the wrong password etc etc. What am i doing wrong=( plz help!
I followed the directions to the EXACT! What am i doing wrong!! Plz shed some light. All info is good info, thanks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcguirk
cause there too busy keeping the crowd of blind idiots entertained.