Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Crystaltears
Fire Beetle

Default Problems - EQ Trilogy- for EQEmu

Hey I downloaded EQ Trilogy (through that 1 month free download) thing that Sony's doing. Well I want to set it up so that I can play with my uncle on EQEmulator.

This is the problem. When I go to try to open the patcher, it shows the little patching everquest window, then after about two seconds it pops up the old faithful 'connection failed' Could not establish a connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@bla bla bla bla.com

Does anyone know if this is just a problem with that download? Or if it's just some system problem that I need to fix? And if its just something I can fix... how do I fix it? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:48 AM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Heres the problems i can think of.

1. You are not connected to the internet.
2. You have a firewall blocking the ports.
3. Does eq have the launchpad up yet. That would require you to login before you can patch.

I'm sure they'res more if i think of some i'll post it i'm in a hurry to get somewhere.