Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:27 PM
b4disme
Fire Beetle

Default Where can I download everything needed for a server?

Ok a little frustrated here, go to sourceforge download the 5.8 start reading online docs on this site because there are none in the download there, I findout I am missing a whole lot of files.

Ok no problem figured this was a patch of some sort on 5.8.

I go look no 5.7 only 5.6 So I download 5.6 and patch to 5.8 walk through the MYSQL database set up no problem. get ready to launch world.exe crashes and dies can't find files. Not seeing any files for the likes of mini login so I start downloading several other versions of EQEmu server all from source forge. Now I have no idea what version I am running I just know world exe still won't even launch still tells me I am missing files, things like EQTime.cfg and a few others.

So is there a place somewhere I can download a complete working server? with all the files needed?
Old 09-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Cutter
Sarnak

list what files it needs...
im thinking it wants a file called spells_en.txt

which needs to be copied from your eq directory to your eqemu folder.. note i said copied..

5.7dr6 i know for a fact works.. i use it myself.

5.8 isnt fully operational at the moment.. so i havent switched yet..

also when did you last patch Everquest?

there is a download section on the eqemu main page..

its called files.. just look for it.. its not hard
Old 09-23-2004, 10:08 AM
b4disme
Fire Beetle

umm yeah, the file link I did click on it it is where I got 5.8 and 5.6 it takes you to sourceforge.

There is no 5.7 there got goes 5.8 to 5.6 like 5.7 has been removed. It isn't there.

No it is not the spells.txt files I am missing I get specific errors. like I said before I did copy both of them over I followed the Setup 5.x server instructions explicitly I just do not think I have all the file I need

[Error] Could not load EQTime file ./eqtime.cfg

and several other cfg file but I did get a lot of cfg files from 5.6 but not enough aparently I searched thought the files on all the zips I downloaded and not one contains a eqtime.cfg

I get some other errors fromt the database. But if 5.7 works Where is it?

I also didn't register any of the DLLs in the server directory as this is all C++ managed code I am assuming since it is built in VS 2003 and no where in the instructions does it say to. I havent taken time to go in and reflect out the IL code and see.

As far as when last time I patched EQ, Good question. Been over a year. I quit EQ for lack and distaste of some of the camping and so on but decided well I will give it another try by running my own server if that works out would get into the development aspect of it. I do have every EQ CD since EQ was in Beta 3. a great many years ago. Was going to get to that part next after I got the server running.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:54 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
There is no 5.7 there got goes 5.8 to 5.6 like 5.7 has been removed. It isn't there.
there was never an official 5.7 release. just a bunch of DR source trees that had to be compiled.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:00 PM
evilzippy
Fire Beetle

im also trying really really hard to setup server i have 4 variations of eq i can get other EQ emu's to work this takes some doing got the world ip ect connected ok but seem to have issues with connecting to Mysql the database is defently imported ....... also gonna ask every time that time error he got i get is that due to no connection with mysql and emu please let us know whats wrong ))