Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Numtin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Does your boot5zones.bat look like this now?

Quote:
if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . localhost 7995 localhost
start zone . localhost 7996 localhost
start zone . localhost 7997 localhost
start zone . localhost 7998 localhost
start zone . localhost 7999 localhost
exit
cls
Yes, it looks exactly like this. I've also tried 127.0.0.1 but that didn't work either.

I opened MySQL Front and looked at the account table. Sure enough, the password was not there. I manually entered the password and tried again but that didn't seem to help. I'm still crashing.

The other thing I've noticed is when Halas does boot up, it's on port 7995 ONLY. The other zones trying to boot up are on ports 7996-7999. Firewalls are off but would I still need to forward them? If so, I'll have to do some research to figure out how since I've never done that before.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Numtin
Fire Beetle

Ok, I ran a few tests. I set 7995 as static zone for Halas and it booted up. I then ran a few other static zones, some booted, some did not.

The ports seem to be opened just fine since I can static boot Halas on any of the ports 7995-7999. However, I can not pre-boot the zone from within the game before zoning, it'll crash the zone server.

It seems that running more than a single zone server is EXTREMELY memory intensive. With 512 ram I wouldn't think it would max out available memory but it does. I did two static zones on boot5zones.bat (and no others) and I got a 'virtual memory is dangerously low' message. My virtual memory is managed by my computer.

Are servers really that memory intensive? Or is there something apparently wrong? Keep in mind, only MySQL, world.exe and two zone servers are taking up my available memory. Anything more than two zone servers and I'm pushing it. This is all happening even BEFORE I start emu to log into my server.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

How bout telling me what you have running in your system tray. Norton Anti-virus, Instant Messengers, Operating System troubleshooting tools, etc?

If its not volume control, the clock, possibly your network connectioin, you probably don't need it running - except possibly your software firewall (<grin> which would need to run).

Just try temporarily shutting a few of those down and see if it helps. Maybe page-file needs to be increased. Really just need to know whats running in systray and taskmon while running EQEmu.

Lookin forward to the reply,
Darkwaters
Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Numtin
Fire Beetle

Only thing in systray is mysql, volume control and internet connection management tool. I do have an antivirus installed but I disabled that for the testing as well as when I play emu.

I even did a complete restart of the system making sure the antivirus was set not to startup but that didn't help.

The taskman pretty much shows the same stuff with the exception of startup system services. My explorer.exe seems to be taking up quite a bit of memory along with cvshost.exe. It still only shows a 1-2% mem usage though.

I don't use IM's simply because they remind me of internet popups and they drive me crazy.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Do you run a cvs host?
cuz it really shouldn't autostart unless you are.
Darkwaters
Old 08-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwaters
Do you run a cvs host?
cuz it really shouldn't autostart unless you are.
Darkwaters
He probably means svchost.exe ... XP runs a few background services with that name.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Numtin
Fire Beetle

Aye, that's it. svchost.exe is what's running.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Got it TY Derision. =) Nice catch.
I'm finishing dinner then I'll tinker around with a few ideas.
Darkwaters