Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 04-13-2014, 03:39 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

When changing core function behavior. It is wise create a rule to offer a before and after that you can choose as the operator. As with all systematic core changes
Old 04-13-2014, 03:46 AM
Uleat
Developer

Ok..definitely looks like you have more attacks dual-wielding empty fists.

I'm still not sure why it was originally coded that way..but, I will take a closer at the attack code.

I agree..it doesn't make sense why no one else couldn't use both fists in a fist fight.

One thing I did find was that as a monk's level increases, his (her) fist damage rating increases..but, that doesn't correlate to d-w'ness of fists.

Since I didn't change the original effective behavior, I'll look into this at a future date. I'm really trying to finalize the item/inventory code in this rework
so I can move on to all of the calling code and database changes, and don't want to get side-tracked on this project (again...)

Funny thing about that 'margin of error' with the object..what if ripostes go off with an object and not an empty hand?

PRE-POST EDIT: Yes, I will add a rule for that :P

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-13-2014, 07:53 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Ok..definitely looks like you have more attacks dual-wielding empty fists.

I'm still not sure why it was originally coded that way..but, I will take a closer at the attack code.

I agree..it doesn't make sense why no one else couldn't use both fists in a fist fight.

One thing I did find was that as a monk's level increases, his (her) fist damage rating increases..but, that doesn't correlate to d-w'ness of fists.

Since I didn't change the original effective behavior, I'll look into this at a future date. I'm really trying to finalize the item/inventory code in this rework
so I can move on to all of the calling code and database changes, and don't want to get side-tracked on this project (again...)

Funny thing about that 'margin of error' with the object..what if ripostes go off with an object and not an empty hand?

PRE-POST EDIT: Yes, I will add a rule for that :P

Riposte rate was roughly consistent across both samples, and not high enough to confuse the result which is why I left it in. Eq designers opted for a simple combat system compared to many other mud codebases around at the time.. so personally I wouldn't look for complexity to mirror live, simplest is probably closest