Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

I apologize if this caused any problems between people. I found a version of perl 5.10 but its a zipped up fil of an already installed perl and does not have a launcher so inda leaves me in the dark about how to work with it.

I know I am not a genious when i comes to this perl and mysql shit but the moe questions I ask the more I can learn and hopefully someone else out there is learning from my questions.

Hardest part for me is getting this thing up and running. After its up I love writing quests, creating mobs and encounters, customizing weapons and generally I don't need any help to figure it out, but to most im sure thats childs play.

I think I am gonna whipe out my OS and start all over from scratch. I will most likely use Akk's guide and hope Its dumbed down enough for me.

I do have a question tho, is there anyway we can get rid of the old ass busted out of date wiki's and setup guides or atleast archive them so that new and potential host's can go by 1 guide?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

here is a faster fix for you Maceblade goto zone edit with notepad ++ Zone.vcxproj look for perl510 on 64bit system and change to perl514 recompile server problem solved.
you don't see perl5.10.0.exe in the zipped up file and PERL510.DLL ? you need both of them . no problems normal bs 80)
Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

negative on the perl510 exe.... its got about 150 files in the primary folder and about 25 folders... i go to bin folder and copied the perl510.dll and that was one of 4 items found in that folder.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

Server is up and running as is all quests... Gonna tell you my findings...

I decided seeing how I was gonna whipe out my OS I will do a system restore to before downloading strawberry perl and the zipped 5.10... after I restored, I emoved perl 5.14 and re-downloaded Strawberry but I used the .msi file instead of the other options...

After it installed I still couldnt find where it installed itself to, so I did a search for perl510.exe and located it... albeit that part is unimportant I just found it weird.

Next I opened cmd and did my "ppm istalls" and they all loaded. Now my server is working as it should. Im sorry guys that im a dumb ass lol
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Or you could have done directed and ignored the random information from Noport and simply installed the correct version of Perl to begin with. As you were told there is a link to the versions needed in Akkadius' post on compiling.