Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:08 AM
killspree
Dragon

Rewriting the damage code would bring about a whole extra project of redoing the database and adding new fields, so it's probably too much for something that's currently minor in the bigger scheme of things.

However, min_dmg working right would be nice and is a pretty simple change if someone gets the time to look into it.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Armanthuz
Sarnak

Default actually

actually your putting the chicken before the egg.

You cant accurately figure out ac calcs unless you have reasonably close base dmg calcs. Your right that the formula doesnt work 100 percent of time, but id say its inn 90-95 percent of cases, the exception being low levels off the top of my head.

You dont have to add any more DB fields that im aware of because all you need to plug in are min/max dmg, which are already in DB.

The hard part is figuring and applying the ac/atk comparison to the base damage AFTER that Because well never know the ac/atk of mobs well always have t olive with an approximation of it, but im fairly sure even there we can get far closer that where we are at now. Too bad i cant code at more than a beginner level :0

If there are any good coders out there that would like to work with me on it, id be interested.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:08 PM
killspree
Dragon

No no, you're misunderstanding. My fix is to actually get minhit working correctly, it doesn't deal with ac at all other than the fact that it doesn't work like it's supposed to.

The suggestion of adding DB/DI would make min/max hit fields in the database useless, as everything would need to be calculated based on those new fields. So you'd have to make everyone change their DB for something that frankly isn't needed yet because no AC/ATK calcs work precisely like EQLive.

Min_dmg working on the otherhand is something that's already coded and someone just forgot to add it in places so that it isn't reduced by the current mitigation code.