Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

If you apply for a King County library card (Seattle area, but they allow you to get one out of state online iirc) they have a HUGE selection of freely viewable books online in e-format. I use it all the time when I want to read a book.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

Wow, 1,104 pages of material! I am sure this will come in great use for what I am trying to accomplish.

I read some of the material covered in the book from the Table of Contents, and I must say, This sounds like it is going to help me ALOT with understanding Perl in general as well as allowing me to create some of my own "custom" scripts.

Thank you all, once again, for posting helpful answers as this was exactly what I was searching for, on both.

Glad there are still some nice decent people out and about
Old 09-19-2011, 03:47 PM
azog
Sarnak

A book I started reading the other day is Programming multiplayer games by Andrew Mulholland and Teijo Hakala. I started this book because it deals with mysql as the game database. so far its a good read.