Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Bishop4351
Sarnak

You would set that up in your user area of this forum. You can set up to 3 accounts.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:44 AM
AmerikanHaberdasher
Fire Beetle

I have 2 accounts set up. It still gives me a connection error.

I have never even made it to the character set up screen.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:19 AM
Aramid
Discordant

You definitly KNOW that this computer has an internet connection, as in your on it now posting here?

Post the properties of the ICON that you are clicking on to run EQ particularly, the Target and the Start in lines.

Is this version of EQ (The Titanium one) the ONLY version you have installed on the computer?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:50 AM
AmerikanHaberdasher
Fire Beetle

Ok here are the properties.

Target:
"C:/ProgramFiles/Sony/Everquest/eqgame.exe" patchme

Start in :
"C:/ProgramFiles/Sony/Everquest"

This is also the only version of Everquest I have on my computer.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Kendo84
Fire Beetle

Im having the same problem.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Kendo84
Fire Beetle

can anyone help :(
Old 07-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Autotune
Fire Beetle

having the same problem with a vista computer.

Game is running fine on another computer on the same wireless network this one is running on and it works fine.

However, set everything up the same, reinstalled once and changed the compatibility mode to every option available. No firewall running to block it and have tried running it in admin also.

Anyone have any suggestions lol?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
trevius
Developer

This is a 4 year old thread. If you aren't going to start a new thread and describe your issue in detail, then please at least describe your issue in this one. It is possible you are having a completely different issue.

What is the exact error you are getting, and when you are you getting it? Is it at the Login Screen, the server select screen?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Autotune
Fire Beetle

Well like in my above post, I have followed everything in the guide exactly.

I get to the Login screen where you enter your account and pass. When I enter the info and hit login after about 30secs i get a message saying it couldn't find a connection and to make sure that my internet is properly working.

I've checked everything, tried port 5998 and 5999 for loggin into EQemu server select, tried running it in every compatibility mode on vista, disabled the firewall, made sure the port was open, and even made sure the internet was working (even though I was surfing for a solution at the exact same time of trying to connect).

I have 2 computers that have EQ running on the same network. One is xp and is wireless and plays everquest fine, the other is the vista which the router is by which has EQ on it but can't get to the server select screen b/c of the error.

I don't know vista that well, and i'm not sure it is a problem with it, but I'm not sure what else it could be.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Autotune
Fire Beetle

also just copied the exact everquest file from my cousins computer and put it on here, and i still get the same message. The game runs fine on his off the same network. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Autotune
Fire Beetle

found the problem, antivirus running in stealthmode with firewall. I had to find it and allow the damn thing. I feel like an idiot for not even thinking about checking for one on the other computer.

Thanks anyhow.