Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-14-2003, 10:22 AM
IARivinwise
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Quick Direct Damage: 3, 6, 9 points (REQUIRES SPELL CASTING FURRY 3)

Reduces the casting time of the Direct Damage spell which is more than 3 second.

First level reduces 2%.
Second Level reduces 5%.
Third Level reduces 10%.
I believe this is more then 4 seconds.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Sterbla
Fire Beetle

All forms of spell haste worked for spells with a cast time of 3.0 secs or more (except CH and percent type heals) as of end January 2003 (when I quit EQ)
Old 07-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

Bump cause i can't sticky this so i can find it =P
Old 07-01-2003, 12:46 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

On live, I'm about to get druid AA - I'll try to packetcollect before/after.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:22 AM
kathgar
Discordant

One thing we need if you want to help with AAs, is a packetlog of someone using an ACTIVE aa: bearform, manaburn, root, charm stuff like that. No one with a high level account will ever @#%@ing do it or just forget.. either way it never happens no matter how many times we ask and people say they will.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Stickied
Old 07-02-2003, 05:38 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

My druid just hit 50, and I'm PLing him doing the entire Spiroc fort at once (love my lumi) - get about 3.5 blues per fort at about 30 min per repeat. I can grab a few AAs, but it will take some time (couple of weeks).

Sorry, but I haven't been working on AC very much - I am making some live friends who, I'm sure, will help me. I just joined a raiding guild and will collect much data - I also have a couple twinks to work with.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:14 AM
Acolyte
Sarnak

I have a monk with 41 AA and climbing, let me know how I can help.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:47 PM
kathgar
Discordant

Step 1: Get Winpcap (google, i'm feeling lucky)
2: Install
3: Get packetcollector binary
4: Know how to run packet collector.. its not that hard.. just command line args that most people dont' have a clue how to use
5: Have a character with AAs, the ones you have to click on to use on live
6: Go to arena when its empty, start the packetcollector and use your AAs, noting the order you do them in
7: Send the log to us along with the list of AAs you used, class and whatnot

OR
Step 1: Quit EQ and give your high level account to one of the devs for the remaining time and we'll do it =P
Old 07-02-2003, 11:32 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

packetcollector still requires >win98? I couldn't operate it, and I felt very stupid for being unable to figure it out until I read Lyenu's posts in the old guide.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:51 AM
xezor
Fire Beetle

Been busy in RL really... and EQ in Live aswell... Now I will try to do it when I get the chance. Like I go to arena when I go to bed or something. My main now has 185 AAs Druid has 120ish. Will send the data as soon as I get them on the packet collector.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:27 PM
killspree
Dragon

Collected a few cleric AAs being used the other day, seems like the opcode for AAs that are activated is 0x0215.

I'll dcc the opcodes to anyone in IRC that wants them.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Ok, being a fan monks (65 230AAs on live) I can answer most questions about the monk AAs. Heres a list of the monk AAs from monkly-bussiness...

Monk Class Abilities

Acrobatics: (3 skill levels) - This ability reduces the amount of damage that the Monk takes from falling. Each skill level increases the damage reduction.

Ambidexterity: (1 skill level - cost 9 skill points) - This ability makes the Monk more skilled with the use of two weapons by increasing his chance to successfully dual wield.

Critical Mend: (3 skill levels - Prerequisite: 3 skill levels of the General ability First Aid) - This ability gives the Monk a chance to perform a 'critical' Mend, generating twice the healing. The first skill level gives the Monk a 5% chance for a critical mend, the second skill level raises the chance to 10% and the third skill level raises the chance to 25%.

Double Riposte: (3 skill levels) - This ability gives the Monk a chance for a double riposte any time he successfully ripostes. The first skill level gives the Monk a 15% chance for a Double Riposte, the second skill level raises that chance to 30% and the third skill level makes the chance 50%.

Dragon Punch: (1 skill level - cost 5 skill points) - This ability gives the Monk a chance to produce a knockback effect when striking with a Dragon Punch. This ability works in the same way that an item 'proc' works.

Purify Body: (1 skill level - cost 9 skill points) - This ability gives the Monk the power to remove all negative affects (such as poison, disease, damage over time spells - but excluding charm, fear and resurrection effects) from himself. The Refresh Timer for this ability is 72 minutes (one day of game time).

Rapid Feign: (3 skill levels) - Each skill level in this ability decreases the reuse timer for the Monk's Feign Death ability. The first skill level in this ability reduces the reuse timer by 10%, the second raises the reduction to 25% and the third makes the reduction 50%.

Return Kick: (3 skill levels) - Each skill level in this ability gives the Monk a chance to do a flying kick on ripostes in addition to the normal riposte. The first skill level with this ability gives the Monk a 25% chance of a Return Kick, the second skill level raises that chance to 35% and the third raises the chance to 50%.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Foxxer
Fire Beetle

65 Bard 143 AA, see what i can do =)
Old 10-16-2003, 03:10 AM
rikit106
Fire Beetle

i have access to a lvl65 ranger with gaurdian of the forest 1, was it required not to have spent it yet? or can i do this still even though i have already got the skill.