Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Just as a "quick solution" here's what i've done to solve this tell someone can figure it out -
I had this problem at one of the oow zonelines, I think it was bloodfields to draniksscar. I placed a "zoner" npc before this happens.
Just a tiny, invisible (race: invisible man), untargetable, and hidden npc, that uses quest::movepc automaticaly as you approach the zone line.
Probably sounds very "assenine", but works very well, and you'd never know it was there unless you were the one that put it there.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:50 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Silly me. I thought that *was* the solution for adding zone lines.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Sorry for a lack of updates on my end. Been busy with some RL things and havent had much of a chance to get into the emu scene. Still suffering from 'coder block' when it comes to my own server's development. I will look into this, but cant make any promises until after New Years. I probably wont have many updates until then, as alot is going on at this end.

Will try to fix the zoneline for you to automatically pop people back in, unless you can give me a zone/loc of where that zoneline is supposed to take you. (I didnt play during those expansions, so no idea what connects to what and where they connect thru)

Actually, those of you who have made these invisible port people: If you have the time, can you give me a list of which ones you have made and what purpose they serve? I will try to go thru the system and set zonelines up where I can instead of the workaround.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufferofnewbies
Sorry for a lack of updates on my end. Been busy with some RL things and havent had much of a chance to get into the emu scene. Still suffering from 'coder block' when it comes to my own server's development. I will look into this, but cant make any promises until after New Years. I probably wont have many updates until then, as alot is going on at this end.

Will try to fix the zoneline for you to automatically pop people back in, unless you can give me a zone/loc of where that zoneline is supposed to take you. (I didnt play during those expansions, so no idea what connects to what and where they connect thru)

Actually, those of you who have made these invisible port people: If you have the time, can you give me a list of which ones you have made and what purpose they serve? I will try to go thru the system and set zonelines up where I can instead of the workaround.
I can tell you right off the bat, none of the OoW zones work - they just "look" like they do. And also, the zone from gunthak to stonbrunt too.
But more important - if you know how, and have the time, I'm in great need for a fix on the quest_globals problem.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:48 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

I cant even spell C++, let alone use it.

I just know how to do smaller things with databases atm, actual changes to the emu code are well beyond my current capabilities.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:23 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Default gunthak to stonebrunt door

I had a few moments to check things, and since you were doing some LoY updates I figured I'd look into your boat door.

As far as I can tell, the door you have on your boat works (door number 8 for gunthak). I removed your teleport guy and jumped in to see. Aside from errors on my side (I have been moding my client a small bit for my own tests), nothing showed up in error.

I don't remember which version of your dbase I have here (it's not the most current, it is from back when I downloaded it to check something for you), but if anything you have an excess of doors that lead to stonebrunt in the database. Off the top of my head, I think I counted about 12 or so of them. Not sure where they are all at, but I know you have two different boat door sets loaded on mine, both seeming like they should be working. (offset on the doors was very very tiny, so they are practically set inside each other)

Sorry I wasn't able to identify anything wrong at this point, only had about 10 minutes to set this up to check before I get drug back into the holiday stuff. If it still isnt working on your end w/o a TP guy, I will load your newest dbase up and check it out when this end is less hectic.

And zonelines are inc.. I promise. Just takes so long to do them, that I havent even started yet. I seem to have just enough time to log in to check updates on the eqemu sites before I'm drug off into neverneverland again. And a half-finished zoneline fix is more confusing that a fresh start.

Oh, one last thing, if it's not too much of a problem: Think you could send me a list of the keys in TOFS that go to the doors. I will try to match them up, but not really sure what they are called so I can't look them up for ID numbers. Will try to set those asap after New Years for you.

Peace out.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

This is imporatant and would be nice to have fixed;
TOFS Keys
Crystal Key - 2nd floor
Three Toothed Key - 3rd floor
Frosty Key - 4th floor
Small Rusty Key - 5th floor
Bone Finger Key - 6th floor
Large Metal Key - 7th floor
Tserrina's Key - Master Key
The top floor (Tserrina's floor) mirrors, those doors don't work right - they all warp you outside the dungeon. They are supposed to take you to different floors with the different keys, or master key ( or maybe just master key?), and one takes you outside.

As for the zonelines, I wouldn't worry about that too much - there's too much other stuff broken that needs fixing, with very few people fixing them.
A zoner npc works fine, so it drops down on the "todo list" tell all the other stuff gets fixed.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:53 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
As for the zonelines, I wouldn't worry about that too much - there's too much other stuff broken that needs fixing, with very few people fixing them.
A zoner npc works fine, so it drops down on the "todo list" tell all the other stuff gets fixed.
Don't take this the wrong way, but this is what I am talking about. Dismissing someone elses bug finds as "unimportant" will end up with people not helping at all. If buffer spent the time to troubleshoot and identify a fix, maybe it deserves more than being dismissed?

If I kept reporting bugs that never got any attention, I'd stop reporting bugs. No matter how insignificant.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

I wasn't sure which mirror went where on the top floor, so I started on the left and sent them to floor 1, floor 2, in that order.. up to floor 6. If that's wrong, just let me know the order and I will change it. I reset the mirrors on the top level to correspond to locations of where the other mirrors send you (except for the first one.. which is at zonein) and locked them with keys also (again, except for the first one).

The master key wont work to open any floors except the first floor one that sends you to the key room. That's a limitation atm with the emu, only 1 key per door as far as I can tell.

I set these as seperate commands, instead of one stream. So you will have to run them individually until I learn more about the limits of mysql.
As always: backup before you try this, as I code like old people f... well, you can fill in the blanks there.

Code:
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20039' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '1';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20033' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '2';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20033', dest_zone = 'frozenshadow', dest_x = '660', dest_y = '100', dest_z = '40' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '166';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20034' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '4';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20034', dest_zone = 'frozenshadow', dest_x = '670', dest_y = '750', dest_z = '75' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '167';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20035' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '16';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20035', dest_zone = 'frozenshadow', dest_x = '170', dest_y = '755', dest_z = '175' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '165';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20036' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '27';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20036', dest_zone = 'frozenshadow', dest_x = '-150', dest_y = '160', dest_z = '217' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '169';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20037' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '34';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20037', dest_zone = 'frozenshadow', dest_x = '-320', dest_y = '725', dest_z = '12' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '168';
UPDATE doors SET keyitem = '20038' WHERE zone = 'frozenshadow' AND doorid = '44';
Let me know if anything is screwy, else I'm off to the zonelines to fix them.
edit: spelling errors, argh!