Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
host=<ip address of the database machine>
user=<username in MySQL that you want to use>
password=<password for whoever the user is in the database>
database=<whatever you named your EQ database>
everquest_folder=<directory where you have your EQ client installed>
That made a difference.

I click it now and get a window with music. When I click start, the window disappears and nothing happens? Does it take a long time to load... or? In my processes window, the EQitems icon disappears.

Never mind, ocx registration....
Old 08-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Hmm. Got everything running.

Got a problem though. I made a change to the Archaic Blade of Battle to test things out. Changed the damage from 37 to 50 so I could easily spot it in the item entry. Hit save and go-back exited the program and opened the peq DB with Notepad++. The damage was still 37.

Opened the editor and brought up the blade. It still shows my change - a damage of 50 - while the DB still shows 37.

What am I missing here?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The editor works on the database in MySQL, it doesn't change the dump you imported to initially create your database.

Item changes also require a restart of your server before they show up, so if you restart the server, enter the game, target yourself, and #gi <whatever the id is> you should be able to examine the item there.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:
The editor works on the database in MySQL, it doesn't change the dump you imported to initially create your database.

Item changes also require a restart of your server before they show up, so if you restart the server, enter the game, target yourself, and #gi <whatever the id is> you should be able to examine the item there.
That first part confused me. If it doesn't change the DB, even though the editor uses the DB for initial info, then what exactly does the editor change? Is not mysql just the interface language used to make changes to the DB?

You mentioned dump... the db_dump.sql is what I have been using for certain changes - namely the LDoN point cost for items that isn't shown anywhere else. Can't change LDoN cost in the editor. Is not the db_dump.sql the root of all this info used in running the server?

If I'm wasting my time editing the wrong file, lemme know!

EDIT: from reading your post a few times, you are saying my db_dump.sql is not the DB my game is using... where should I be looking for the one that is?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

I get the impression the Archaic Blade of Battle would show up in my game with heightened damage, but still retain the original LDoN cost...

I would greatly appreciate a pointer to where my game DB is that is being used so I can alter the LDoN point costs.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

The editor uses the database specified in the db.ini file, whereas your eq game always uses the the database specified in eqemu_config.xml and/or login.ini.

Now if they are the same, then here's a disconnect somewhere. The editor always writes the data or it crashes/fails when it cannot write.

My guess you have more than 1 database.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 08-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
The editor uses the database specified in the db.ini file, whereas your eq game always uses the the database specified in eqemu_config.xml and/or login.ini.

Now if they are the same, then here's a disconnect somewhere. The editor always writes the data or it crashes/fails when it cannot write.

My guess you have more than 1 database.

GeorgeS
This is my db.ini file:

host=127.0.0.1
user=xxx
password=xxx
database=peq
everquest_folder=F:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest

The only db file in my peq folder is the db_dump.sql.

The eqemu config shows the same:

<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>xxx</username>
<password>xxx</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>

So, the question is, if the db_dump.sql isn't the db file I should be editing for the LDoN point costs, then where should my n00b butt be looking?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

BTW, yes, the changes I have made using the editor do show up in-game. I altered Djerv's solo server Gate potion costs. He had some at 4300 plat. I altered it using the editor and it shows all the changes in-game.

So the question still remains, to where are the editor changes to my db being made so that I can alter the LDoN item costs?

I only have one peq folder and the only file of any size there is the db_dump.sql.

Well, that's okay if you're all busy. If the editor does indeed change the db and it does show in game (as it does), then the "Old Edit" contains a spot for LDoN pricing that the New Edit doesn't. I guess I shouldn't be overly concerned about it if I'm able to alter what I need.

Suggestion, throw in the LDoN pricing field somewhere in the new Edit!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The dump file you sourced to create your server database is just a snapshot. You import that into a MySQL database which is what the server uses for it's data and what the various editors modify.

Making changes to the dump file doesn't do anything unless you import it into MySQL again. Doing so replaces your existing database with the dump again. Unless you really want to start from scratch this is the wrong thing to do.

To edit items in the MySQL database you can use the item editor you're already using, or you will need something like HeidiSQL or Navicat.

As an example, if you used HeidiSQL or Navicat you would be able to execute queries on your database to change items.

This would select a particular item:

SELECT `Name`,`ldonprice` FROM items WHERE `Name` LIKE "%Archaic Blade of Battle%"

And this would change its price to 75

UPDATE items SET `ldonprice` = 75 WHERE `Name` LIKE "%Archaic Blade of Battle%"

Depending on the tool you use you can also edit things in a grid like a spreadsheet and then save those changes back to the database.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:

To edit items in the MySQL database you can use the item editor you're already using, or you will need something like HeidiSQL or Navicat.

As an example, if you used HeidiSQL or Navicat you would be able to execute queries on your database to change items.

Depending on the tool you use you can also edit things in a grid like a spreadsheet and then save those changes back to the database.
Ok, so there isn't really a file I could just pop open with Notepad and create fire-breathing earrings...

Using the editor in this thread seems simpler than typing commands as you listed. Just opened the db items list with navicat. A bit clunky, but that answers my question nicely.

Thank you so much for your help
Old 08-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Edit - I feel stupid... there are pages in the db tables...

Does it matter if I load Titanium or SoF in the spell tool?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Hmm, ran into a problem using the spell editor. It ran fine yesterday.

Today, I get:

Loaded DB.INI
Connected to Database OK

SPELL TABLE contains: 14799 spells
SPELL TABLE contains: 215 FIELDS!
Your file is MISSING/WRONG FOLDER

1 or more errors Prevent IMPORT

I know the answer must be obvious, but I haven't started drinking yet today, so I haven't figured out why the spell editor can't find my spell files today when it did just fine yesterday.

Any suggestions on this one?
Old 09-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Please....?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok, your spells_us.txt has some problem with it regarding field count or a extra "^" delimmeter somewhere.
My spellfilehandler (this tool) has an extra copy. If it's knackered, then redownload another copy.

Ti uses 200 fields and SoF has 215 fields

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-05-2011, 01:36 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I noticed the tool will also freak out if you have extra blank lines at the end of the file. If you delete them it fixes it.