Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-05-2004, 04:54 AM
nyja
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accio
but then it says that one is already in use...obviously...Must i create a new username and just keep the email...etc? cuz im not sure how to register this thing...kinda gettin me annoyed...
what do you mean by one? are you talking about the username being taken? if it is saying that about the username, then yes you have to use a different username, but you don't have to change the email address

[url=http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/]Sigur R
Old 06-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Jeff Foo
Fire Beetle

Whenever I try to log in with my newly created halfling and try to enter rivervale...it says "The zone is unavailable". What's causing this/what should I do?!
Old 06-05-2004, 01:49 PM
nyja
Fire Beetle

that means that the server owners havent added that zone to their database yet. the only thing to do is find a character race thats home zone is supported (most likely humans in west freeport) by the server or try a different server if you really want to play a halfling

[url=http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/]Sigur R
Old 06-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Accio
Sarnak

Well i fixed the login problem lol...had been using the wrong email...whoops...*shrugs*

Only problem now is im crashing...I change eqhost to the right thing...then i delete the eqclient (text) and paste the new one onto it...i run emu and when it starts i get to the login screen...type in my password and hit login...it turns gray for about 20 seconds and then it crashes to my desktop...from time to time itll say eqgame has encountered a problem and needs to close...any ideas
Old 06-06-2004, 02:51 AM
pizzamanc
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
A working eqhost.txt can be found at

http://www.eqemulator.net/eqhost.txt

right click and Save As to your eqemu folder.

Thank you very much..worked perfectly
Old 06-07-2004, 04:56 PM
tsord
Fire Beetle

well with some difficulty (everytime eq patches (cant stop it fer some reason) repatches over my eqhost...) i can get to the server selection screen and then i just get a timeout if i try to join a server can anyone tell me why&how to fix it?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:30 AM
animepimp
Dragon

To stop EQ from patching over your eqhost.txt you need to make sure your shortcut points to eqgame.exe and make your eqhost.txt read only.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

Default just making sure

ok i did this.. replaced everything as it said "after runing live patch" it crashes on me soon as i put username and pass in.. so i tried old files.. it says no host found.. have deleted the *spaces* after the code in eqhost.txt , and still crashes.. if i do use old eqgame.exe and eqmain.dll it will let me log in pick a server but then client crashes after it has loaded.. (gave friend same eqgame.exe and eqmain.dll and it worked for him) why am i haveing so much trouble with this thing? lol.. any help would be appreciated :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Old 06-09-2004, 02:33 AM
GeneralElmo
Fire Beetle

erm ok does EQ Emu work on euro version? evry time i try the new login method i get hosts not found check my eqhost.txt and ive tried almost everything but in the old login mehtod i get a list of servers but i cant connect to any.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:54 AM
animepimp
Dragon

For the Euro servers you still have to connect to the new login server info, but you have to use the old eqhost.txt format. Theres several tutorials that show how to do this if you use the search button.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Pyrix
Sarnak

look in "tut and howtos" "Minilogin with 5.7 DR4 [06.04]" There is a tut how to set eqhost.txt
Old 06-11-2004, 07:05 PM
redguyone
Fire Beetle

ok i'v been at this for 3 hours now. i'v tryed all the different eqhost.xtx tricks recomended and nothing works. i get to the logon screen and after i put in my logon and pw the client crashes. do i need any aditional files besides changing the eqhost and the equclient.ini files? any help would be nice plz
Old 06-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Dave987
Discordant

Red , just a quick thought, are you patched to latest in the US? If you have a European copy of the game, you'll need to somehow patch to the latest US Copy.

Just a thought. /shrug

I'm assuming you have patchme and everything ..
Old 06-12-2004, 03:07 AM
redguyone
Fire Beetle

yes i pached EQ to the latest on 6-11-04, and then i followed the instructions at the begineg of the post but i still just crash after i put in the login and pw
Old 06-13-2004, 05:50 AM
Meneldil
Fire Beetle

Ok...I get in just fine...but no servers show up...interesting.
Anyone else seeing this (or not as the case may be! )