Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by boweq View Post
well to start with, i cant remeber last time i just 4boxed,

proberly Mariomario's server, which where maze hacked my acounts and deleted my gear lmao,

if you still want to go on ranting about me, feel free dosnt bother me,

I aint Flaming on this Thread, Server seems interesting, so cant wait for when its out,.
<3 Thank ya Mycom.

We're finishing up a few things, instead of testing it ourselves, I think we're going to just make it public so people can test it, because we've kept it down for so long. I'll speak with Jahar about this.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

So a little update, we changed the gear too, before it was the standard Cloth is better for casters, Plate for plate wears, well.... that's gone. Now, it's just like Diablo, everyone can wear everything, some are better for you then others, hell you might find a Cloth Robe better for you then a Plate Chest as a Barbarian! You just never know what you'll find. (There's 480 different variations of 'Normal' items, all FULLY custom (Thanks to GeorgesS tools.)

Finishing Necromancer, Barbarian and Amazon spells are next on the agenda, then a short test on them (as we do with all of our spells), and a complete finish on Act One (Which is just about done) Jahar has some RL things going on, so I cannot FOR SURE give you a date to expect it, all I can say is stay tuned to our website, we will be updating it as soon as know more.

As I said, hopefully this server can live up to peoples anticipation. xD <3 guys. Thanks for your support.

EDIT; Much like Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction there WILL be class specific stuff that is better then normal gear... So don't get disgruntled about the gear the gear will be worth it, I promise. (Well worth it to the server, it won't be like other servers where they have 900000000 hp or whatever.)

Last edited by Nerdgasm; 06-11-2013 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: Forgot something!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Another update: Development is moving along smoothly.

-Spells are nearing 100% completion.
-Items are nearing 100% completion.
-We are about 50% done with mob placement.

Alpha launch is going to be right around the corner. Going to put up a poll on our website on how spells should be received.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.
DiabloQuest Staff
Old 06-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Our decision is Virtual Currency to obtain your spells. This has been worked and placed in game (Thanks Natedog for the help of the script).

Thank you for your votes.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

As in, I give you money, to get spells? As in, the money the government already takes from me every 2 weeks? As in, did you get the OK from Sony to ruin eqemu by charging for content? Or am I wrong, did you mean something else.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

lol, I am pretty sure they meant to use something like looteable dragon crystals/doubloons to pay for spells.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

You know how in Diablo 2 you get 1 skill to put into a certain tree and you can spread it out, if you so choose?

Well on the server you will obtain X amount of Spell Credits when you level (Undecided how much), and you will be able to essentially PUT those spell credits to obtain that spell. This will prevent people have Ice Bolt I - III and Inferno I - III along with Thunder Storm I - III.

VVV THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE AND MAY NOT BE APART OF THE SERVER VVV

Lets say for instance here;

$spellrankI costs 5 Points
$spellrankII costs 10 Points
$spellrankIII costs 15 Points

You get 10 points per level, you can 'buy' $spellrankI ICE and $spellrankI FIRE and then be out of points, when you level again, you can either buy $spellrankI MAGIC or buy $spellrankII ICE//FIRE.

To make it as clear as possible, here is a picture;

The name is blanked out because it's not a 'child' appropriate word to post on the forums. :P

^^^ THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE AND MAY NOT BE APART OF THE SERVER ^^^

Last edited by Nerdgasm; 06-12-2013 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Added example.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

This server WILL NOT be a pay to win server. Almost everything you can buy you can obtain via in-game, one way or another, for example; we could have a Ring of Mana Regen for $2.00, but the same item drops from $npc1 at a %chance.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Burningsoul
Banned

I'm completely against this. If android games have taught us anything, it's that people have cash to blow on stupid microtransactions. Hopefully the droprate of these buyable items isn't going to be abysmally low. I'll gladly donate to help with server costs (and have done so in the past on many servers), but watching people with cash to burn just gear themselves up kind of sucks from the people who have to camp it.

Also, that "almost everything" line worries me. Not trying to sound so Cary/Orionsun towards you, I know bandwidth isn't free and people like to be compensated for the time and effort put into a server, but I went from amiable to dubious with that last post.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
This server WILL NOT be a pay to win server. Almost everything you can buy you can obtain via in-game, one way or another, for example; we could have a Ring of Mana Regen for $2.00, but the same item drops from $npc1 at a %chance.
Where as that is still, in fact, slightly pay-to-win in the fact the donator did not have to work for that, although they may have worked for the money to pay for the item, it gives them an unfair advantage over other players and allows them to skip ahead through content much faster due to the ability to spend money on a game. Whereas I myself would never require nor accept donations in any shape or form because this is strictly a hobby, not a job, giving out any items that aren't strictly cosmetic is slightly pay-to-win no matter how you look at it.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
I'm completely against this. If android games have taught us anything, it's that people have cash to blow on stupid microtransactions. Hopefully the droprate of these buyable items isn't going to be abysmally low. I'll gladly donate to help with server costs (and have done so in the past on many servers), but watching people with cash to burn just gear themselves up kind of sucks from the people who have to camp it.

Also, that "almost everything" line worries me. Not trying to sound so Cary/Orionsun towards you, I know bandwidth isn't free and people like to be compensated for the time and effort put into a server, but I went from amiable to dubious with that last post.
Mind you, the server hasn't even hit Alpha this is ALL CHANGEABLE AND IS NOT A SOLID THING. Jahar and I haven't even talked about donations, at all. Not even breathed a word about it, the ONLY reason I brought this up, is Maze had mentioned paying for content, and I was trying to reassure that THERE IS NO PAYING FOR CONTENT THERE IS NO PAYING FOR ANYTHING EVERYTHING THAT YOU COULD SAY *pay for* IS DROPPABLE OR OBTAINABLE WITHOUT PURCHASING IT.

I actually had it set to EVERYTHING you can buy will drop in game, I guess I changed the wrong thing when I was going back to my first post and modifying it... that was completely my bad... I can't think of an item that we won't have in game that is only obtainable through donations. I know for one of our Game Master events we're going to have a 'Ring of the Vampire' drop off every time you complete said Game Master event - which was also going to be able to be purchased. --This was on Amarda when we were doing it. I was thinking we'd carry that type of thing over...

Donations will be just that donations. You might get like a Illusion item maybe? Or something that is more cosmetic then 'Pay to win' type item.

I suck at wording things... The best way I can break it down is; Say you were farming... A Mana Signet(Not an actual item) for 30 hours, and it doesn't drop, you get mad and say 'well I'm just gonna buy it', so you buy it.

Meanwhile PlayerB starts farming A Mana Signet and it drops his first go, that's pure RNG, nothing we as Game Master can do to help that (Besides raise the drop chance, which will not happen :P).

We are leaving it COMPLETELY in your hands to decide if you want to farm that item or buy that item

I know I posted this at the start, but I'll post it here too;

Mind you, the server hasn't even hit Alpha this is ALL CHANGEABLE AND IS NOT A SOLID THING. Jahar and I haven't even talked about donations, at all. Not even breathed a word about it, the ONLY reason I brought this up, is Maze had mentioned paying for content, and I was trying to reassure that THERE IS NO PAYING FOR CONTENT THERE IS NO PAYING FOR ANYTHING EVERYTHING THAT YOU COULD SAY *pay for* IS DROPPABLE OR OBTAINABLE WITHOUT PURCHASING IT.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Also, went from Amiably to Dubious made me giggle, I love you. <3
Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 PM
ak48
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post

VVV THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE AND MAY NOT BE APART OF THE SERVER VVV

Lets say for instance here;

$spellrankI costs 5 Points
$spellrankII costs 10 Points
$spellrankIII costs 15 Points

^^^ THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE AND MAY NOT BE APART OF THE SERVER ^^^
Shouldn't it be all ranks are the same cost but you have to have the previous rank to train the next one?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak48 View Post
Shouldn't it be all ranks are the same cost but you have to have the previous rank to train the next one?
I cannot let out HOW we are doing the spells, I was merely giving you an example of what it's going to be like.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Okay folks, allow me to squash something here. The way Nerdgasm wrote it is correct.

*DONATIONS*
-All items that you can obtain though donations are available in game as well.
*I.E.
Player A pays $X.XX for Item A. (Short route I know, but it is their choice.)
Player B camps Item A or does the event for Item A and puts the work into getting said item.

-We did it this way so that no "one" player could be more elite than the rest. Everyone has the chance at getting the same gear. Of course, those who donate will receive it faster than others, but like I said, you do not have to donate to get it.
-On another note about Donations. We do not even know what or even if we will have donations just yet. This is still up in the air between Nerdgasm and myself. However this method is the way we did it in the past, and it will not change now.

*SPELLS*
-Spells are done differently here than anywhere you have seen before, besides Diablo of course. You will be given a "tree" of spells in which you can spend the "Spell Currency" you earn when you level.
-The number of points you earn is still being discussed between Nerdgasm and myself.
-The Spell Tree's have been added to the class pages of the website. However I did not fill in the spells. Will leave that as a surprise.

If there is anything that needs more elaboration, let me know, I will gladly explain more thoroughly.

Thanks,
Jahar
DiabloQuest Staff