Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:18 PM
KLS
Administrator

Basically when a mob checks if it want to flee it first checks the special attacks for 'f' if that exists it wont run.

Then it checks that it is able to run based on the fleeing timer, it's something like can only start fleeing every 2 seconds or something.

Then it checks if it's HP ratio is less than the hp ratio of the rule.

Then it checks if it's target is less than 20% hp if it is it cancels the impending flee.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks, so the "f" option not only makes the mob immune to fleeing damage, but it also disables the mob from fleeing all together? That is exactly what I needed, thanks! I will test that out!

And thanks JA! I didn't notice these at first:

RULE_BOOL ( Combat, EnableFearPathing, true)
RULE_INT ( Combat, FleeHPRatio, 25)
Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 PM
trevius
Developer

Those new rules are another thing that should probably be added to the change log so ops know to add them in. So far, the new rules I am aware of are the following and all need to be added to have the options of adjusting them in 1110:

Code:
RULE_BOOL ( Combat, EnableFearPathing, true)
RULE_INT ( Combat, FleeHPRatio, 25)

RULE_INT ( Zone, MQWarpExemptStatus, -1 ) //Lieka:  Required status level to exempt the MQWarpDetector.  Set to -1 to disable this feature.
RULE_INT ( Zone, MQZoneExemptStatus, -1 ) //Lieka:  Required status level to exempt the MQZoneDetector.  Set to -1 to disable this feature.
RULE_INT ( Zone, MQGateExemptStatus, -1 ) //Lieka:  Required status level to exempt the MQGateDetector.  Set to -1 to disable this feature.
RULE_INT ( Zone, MQGhostExemptStatus, -1 ) //Lieka:  Required status level to exempt the MGhostDetector.  Set to -1 to disable this feature.
RULE_BOOL ( Zone, EnableMQWarpDetector, true ) //Lieka:  Enable the MQWarp Detector.  Set to False to disable this feature.
RULE_BOOL ( Zone, EnableMQZoneDetector, true ) //Lieka:  Enable the MQZone Detector.  Set to False to disable this feature.
RULE_BOOL ( Zone, EnableMQGateDetector, true ) //Lieka:  Enable the MQGate Detector.  Set to False to disable this feature.
RULE_BOOL ( Zone, EnableMQGhostDetector, true ) //Lieka:  Enable the MQGhost Detector.  Set to False to disable this feature.
RULE_REAL ( Zone, MQWarpDetectorDistance, 4900 ) //Lieka:  Distance a player must travel between client to server location updates before a warp is registered.  30 allows for beyond GM speed without lag.
RULE_REAL ( Zone, MQWarpLagThreshold, 140 ) //Lieka:  Distance beyond the Zone:MQWarpDetectorDistance that a player must travel within the MQWarpThresholdTimer amount of time before tripping the MQWarp detector.  Set to 0 to disable this feature.
RULE_REAL ( Zone, MQWarpThresholdTimer, 90000 ) //Lieka:  Amount of time before the warp_threshold resets to the Zone:MQWarpLagThreshold value.  Default: 90000 (900 seconds/15 minutes).  Set to -1 to disable this feature.
Note that this is directly from the ruletypes.h file and NOT the SQL you need to add directly to your rules table. But, this is a list of the newly added rules and adding them in manually or updating the change log with the correct sql statements shouldn't be too hard from this list. Also note that the setting in the rules listed here for "MQWarpDetectorDistance, 4900" should probably be more like 30 than 4900. I have mine set to 100 and it seems to be detecting nicely and probably minimum false positives.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Glad to see you got everything working properly. Enjoy your brand new functioning major spell line.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
KLS
Administrator

You don't need to add the rules really, only if you want them to differ from the defaults which I suspect most people don't in this case. Immune Fleeing simply makes it so the npc wont run away when low hp, nothing less nothing more.

It seems with the upcoming changes to azone we should also be able to produce some reliable maps. I know it produces good tutorialb.eqg, lavastorm.eqg and eastwastes.sd3 maps which have all been problem maps in the past.

And yeah I usually include the rule changes but forgot this time, sorry. =(
Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
trevius
Developer

NP KLS. I am sure most of it works without the rules. I was just noting it to help keep everyone's server having up to date rules table.

And Wiz, thanks a ton for this code! I really love seeing other server admins sharing the custom code changes they have made. I think sharing like that can only help make this community and emulator better overall. It really is amazing how far this emulator has come in the past 6 years. I remember checking it out when it first started and it was barely even playable. There is no way it could have come so far these past few years without help from people like you, Wiz. So, again, thanks!

KLS, if there is any way you can think of that I could help with getting new map files created, let me know, please! Like, if you guys figure out a way to do it, but need help cranking out the 400+ zones worth of maps, I can help. I am pretty technical and am anal about making sure things are done correctly. I am VERY excited at the possibility of a new way to create .map files. I assume it will allow us to create them for all zones including the newest Titanium zones which currently lack maps. THAT would be amazing! There are quite a few zones that I would love to use on my custom server and so, obviously I can't wait to get my hands on the .map files for them! Exciting stuff hehe. LOL, I almost want to get one of them customized just so it is ready as soon as the .map file is available for it (dreadspire).
Old 06-02-2008, 02:45 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

trevius, a way that I always get a complete list of current rules in the DB is to use 2 commands:

#rules reset - resets all rules to default values
#rules store default - saves the current ruleset to the DB as "default"

Works for me.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:57 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks! Never tried the commands in game for rules. That could be very helpful. Nice little tip there!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Aramid
Discordant

I just installed 1110 and was testing the added fear code and see that even when you have multiple mobs in camp and the first one you are fighting gets below the flee hp limit, it flees. Isn't only the last mob alive in the camp supposed to flee? I mean c'mon, what are the others gonna think when he tries to take off and there still there trying to kill you and he's running away? (There yellin at em.. Hey you pussy, get back here and die with honor!!! ) But seriously, on live is that not how it works or I am wrong, or do I need to change a setting somewhere?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I think mobs always fled if they were injured. Self-preservation. It's when YOU were below 10% that they would stand and fight til they kicked your ass in, no matter their health level.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:43 AM
trevius
Developer

I think Aramid is correct.

Another thing I have noticed with this code is that snare doesn't seem to work the same as it did last time I played on live. Snare on a fleeing NPC on live would cause it to just turn around and stand there and not actually run at all. But, I have heard reports that all snares seem to do is slow them down slightly if at all.

Also, it appears that if you adjust the rule_values setting from 20 down to 10, it causes all sorts of weird bugs with mobs just warping around instead of running and causing all kinds of craziness lol. My players weren't very happy after a day of that! Finally, I just went ahead and disabled fleeing by setting the rule to -1 and that seemed to work for disabling it. I don't know why setting it to 10% hps would cause the strange issues I was getting reports on, but it definitely seemed bad.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Aramid
Discordant

My Wife still plays on Live (80 Warrior) and she said I was correct. Trev, you too are correct that if the mob was snared it would only turn around and not move, rooted of course would cause it to fight till the death.

Anyway, I wonder if it behaves this way on Wiz's system, Wiz?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I think you guys are having memory leaks.

Certain mobs were set to run whenever they felt their life was in danger. Whether that be 50% health, 20% health or 1% health. If the mob was snared, it would turn to flee, but would do so slowly until it got to a certain percentage (perhaps 10%) then would stand there, snared. You are correct that a rooted mob would turn and fight - as an ex-Wizard, it used to piss me off when someone would root my snared mob trying to help, thus letting it hit me. Undead, afaik, never fled.

Take Drolvargs in Dreadlands and KC, definitely would try strolling away even if snared until they got to a percentage of health that caused them to stop in their tracks. Granted, this was some 6 years ago, so things might have changed. But this is how I made my career in EQLive as a wizard, so I am fairly confident I am not wrong about this.

Lastly, on the subject of "early runners" - you had SoW'd mobs that could run away at 50% and gather tons of their buddies to come get you (Nurga/Droga/Guk, anyone?). You had lower level mobs that you could easily beat (Orc Pawns) that would take off in a random direction after getting to 50% and you'd have to chase them down. I am pretty sure some of the Luclin+ mobs did not behave the same - so maybe my memories are of the old world (when life was good).

This is what I remember. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Shrug.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
I think mobs always fled if they were injured. Self-preservation. It's when YOU were below 10% that they would stand and fight til they kicked your ass in, no matter their health level.
You are 100% correct, going back a few years. Back in the day when I first started I distinctly remember orcs fleeing from orc camps in Misty. The reason why, is often in the chaos I would forget about one, and it would eventually find me (usually when I was trying to heal)

However, it does appear this was changed at some point. Trying it out on Live this morning did not result in the same behavior I remember.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Astaldoath
Sarnak

my server has fear, the kind thats a perma stun and it like it that way

sorry for not being helpful