Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-18-2004, 03:52 AM
bbum
Banned

Quote:
If you want to play a hardcore legit server so bad, pay the $14 a month and go back to eqlive. Of course don't expect it to actually work either, eqlive is full of bugs too.
eqlive isnt hardcore.. its not even legit anymore, ..(npc soul binders .. npc teleports instead of boats .. pok books .. death is a free teleport till lvl 10... im pretty sure SoW npc's is next lol)

and about your lag did you try setting your datarate to 3? i went ld on scorp every 5 min until i changed that
Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 AM
aziraphale
Fire Beetle

Just trying to understand what you're trying to say is half the fun, Zkhava!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:46 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

From what I have found about eq classic server is it is actually more challengeing then live. No starting off wit a newbie tank wearing 35ac BP's, and and centi shortswords, etc etc. Im level 5 and am proud of that leather/rawhide/patchwork armor i have aquired! Can't level up as fast either.

Wish Crushbone didn't have castle mobs roaming though.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:50 PM
shayhurst
Fire Beetle

Default Excellent Server

My GF & I are long time EQ players. We began playing a couple of months after the initial release and have been "officially" retired for nearly a year. This evening we decided to give this server a whirl to see how if it could revive some old memories - It certainly did. I commend all of the hard work that has been put into this server/project EQemu, we had a ball & felt like we were our little noob characters again. The mob pathing, fighting, experience, everything was so similar to EQ live (4 years ago) that we were truly amazed. I am surprised that it isn't more populated; however, I suppose that many people get away from EQ with a sour taste in their mouth & want to try a server that is customized and unique (I completely understand). I, on the other hand, have very fond memories gaining lvl 50 in the old-world zones. This server is perfect for us & you have given us a great evening of fun. Thanks again for the great server, we have found our new home .
Old 08-23-2004, 10:24 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Glad you like the server
We plan on adding each expansion, in turn, releasing a new DB version with each completed expansion.
Would really like a larger server population, but most people find that the server is legit(for the most part) and that leveling actually requires some work, and leave before they see how much is really there.
We are working on adding Quests, which should add to the server and overall gameplay alot.
Any input about server (constructive input) is always welcomed
Old 08-23-2004, 03:09 PM
bbum
Banned

i cant connect to this server anymore, i click connect and it just sits there. only server that does this. whats up? =(
Quote:
Would really like a larger server population, but most people find that the server is legit(for the most part) and that leveling actually requires some work, and leave before they see how much is really there.
i think most people find it not legit enough and too easy to level. (due to mobs doing like 1/2 the dmg there suspoused to). and the mobs say 'are u gonna kick my ass?' oh yeah, and do mobs aggro and have LoS in dungeons yet?
Old 08-23-2004, 03:11 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

i banned you like.... uh.... 5 mins after you logged on.

/smile
Old 08-28-2004, 06:36 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

bbum: I'm really getting sick of you, all you do is piss and moan about this , that and the other thing.
I have a great idea for you, if you don't like any of the EqEmu servers ( which is obvious since you have nothing good to say about any of them ) why don't you just leave.
I'm sure nobody here, especially any of the devs or server admins, or any of my DB team would miss you and your negative attitude.
I said it before, I'll say it again, people like you make me feel like just pulling the plug on the whole project.
All you ever do is complain about everything, and I for one am really getting sick to death of seeing your CRAP in every post on the forums.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:59 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

The mobs doing half the damage is as ive said many many times due to the combat engine in EQEMU which is not like live. We set our mobs with info from VARIOUS everquest fan sites out there with live like dmg values. Sorry it's not to your liking. so sad. but you're banned anyways so who cares.

Oh ya, by the way line of sight went in today. Shame you can't test it out. Maybe the regular players can feed you some info in pms about it.

In additions we're implementing a brand new item database with roughly 4500 more items than any current eqemu release.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsmyworld
bbum: I'm really getting sick of you, all you do is piss and moan about this , that and the other thing.
I have a great idea for you, if you don't like any of the EqEmu servers ( which is obvious since you have nothing good to say about any of them ) why don't you just leave.
I'm sure nobody here, especially any of the devs or server admins, or any of my DB team would miss you and your negative attitude.
I said it before, I'll say it again, people like you make me feel like just pulling the plug on the whole project.
All you ever do is complain about everything, and I for one am really getting sick to death of seeing your CRAP in every post on the forums.
If you want, you can just request that no commentary be posted about your project or about TGC here and I will enforce that, but you can't pick and choose what commentary you want

Even negative attitudes, as long as they have some merit and can be argued, have their place.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:56 AM
killspree
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
The mobs doing half the damage is as ive said many many times due to the combat engine in EQEMU which is not like live. We set our mobs with info from VARIOUS everquest fan sites out there with live like dmg values. Sorry it's not to your liking. so sad. but you're banned anyways so who cares.

Oh ya, by the way line of sight went in today. Shame you can't test it out. Maybe the regular players can feed you some info in pms about it.

In additions we're implementing a brand new item database with roughly 4500 more items than any current eqemu release.
You can fix that, actually. The cause is in the AvoidDamage() function, which lowers damage taken by a set amount and ignores mindmg. Just add another field to AvoidDamage() which is the mindmg, then go into any areas where AvoidDamage() is used and plug in the mindmg value at the end.

Edit: Just noticed the AvoidDamage() mitigation code changed recently. Still looks like minhit isn't factored though.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:46 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

We're not really programmers, we rely on cvs for the most part for the framework of our server. =\
Old 08-29-2004, 04:49 AM
bbum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
The mobs doing half the damage is as ive said many many times due to the combat engine in EQEMU which is not like live. We set our mobs with info from VARIOUS everquest fan sites out there with live like dmg values.
i dont care dude, just fix it. thats possible right? just walk around and notice which mobs are way under con or something.

i post negative stuff about your server for a reason, just maybe youll fricken notice the problems and fix them.

Edited out some cursing cause bbum dont care about following the forum rules..--mattmeck--