Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerjz3 View Post
jsr, you are very wise and well-spoken .. voice of reason ..intelligent responses
Oh thanks, my better half will have to read this! Goodluck with the server.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Motoko
Fire Beetle

Heyy this is Sieben. I can't log into the server right now. I can log into other servers successfully.

It tells me Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Motoko
Fire Beetle

I would also like a comment on beastlords. Their damage tables are terrible on PEQ and the like. They wind up getting most of their damage from procs, and not actual weapon stats.

Some comments from live around luclin/POP era say they parse alongside monks in DPS. Is this the case/intention here?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Ahire87
Fire Beetle

Beastlords never have been close to an equal aa'd/level/geared monk in a parse. Not sure where you got your data but that is a false statement. And rangers were never amazing bow dps at any point, which people still find hard to believe.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Motoko
Fire Beetle

http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=7487.0

Is a long thread, but has some good numbers. People claim they were able to keep up with their guild's main dps on raid fights.

http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=1530.0

Most people tend to exclude bst from top 5, ranking monk above bst, but bst is pretty respectable. Definitely should be above warrior and I know this was not the case on PEQ. Warrior DPS was about 2/3rds pure melee dps. Bst dps was like, half pure melee dps.

I agree that they should actually be a good step behind monks. I just want to make sure they aren't completely gimp before I make one
Old 08-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahire87 View Post
Beastlords never have been close to an equal aa'd/level/geared monk in a parse. Not sure where you got your data but that is a false statement. And rangers were never amazing bow dps at any point, which people still find hard to believe.
This is one of the main reasons I made Varlyndria: Ascension. Sony/Verant have half ass class designers.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Motoko
Fire Beetle

I think the whole concept of most MMOs is stupid. There's a huge grind barrier to level or gear up that doesn't really pose much of a challenge. Then you get to endgame and all you can do is sit around waiting for raids because - hurdur, dragon has gotta drop da best loot, rite? - but actually raiding is the easiest part of the game for most classes. You just fulfill your specialized role as part of a heal or DPS chain and go afk.

I'm hoping this server will be different. I really feel like EQ was designed around and shines best in content for 1-4 toons. They gave us some cool tools to use in our kits that don't get used in traditional tank and spank raids. Particularly fighting a mob within the context of a dungeon crawl is a lot different than fighting in the kind of sanitized no-risk raid zones we see PoP+.

(Speaking of which, the only reason raids take so long is because they put a bunch of pointless trash for you to clear before the boss. More trivial timesinks... ugh)
Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Motoko
Fire Beetle

Anyway, back to error 1017, I see that a lot of other people are playing on the server. So that makes me think it might be on my end. Except I can literally connect to every other server on the list and walk around and play just fine. The only issue I'm having is with SITS.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 AM
sorvani
Dragon

"I do not think that word means what you think it means."
Old 08-03-2013, 02:20 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahire87 View Post
When we give two shits to listen about Varlyndria classes, the non-existent balance, instant leveling with spells, and getting gear from donating....we will go to that server's thread.

Until then, properly allow the discussion of Sanctuary to take place.
Yeah, that!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Davood
Discordant

sanctuary in the sky is an awesome server idea, I played on it till it went down last year - it has promise.

it is very well balanced up to the point that it had content.. just some exploits related to traveling around but i am sure those can be fixed easily
Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 PM
zerjz3
Banned

Hey all, the server is currently undergoing maintenance right now and will be down for about another 45 minutes to an hour. On the plus side, later tonight the server will be hosted on stable, fast and reliable hosting!

You may see a server in the list right now called [BETA 2] Sanctuary in the Sky - This is an outdated version of the server from last year so don't be freaked out if you try logging into that and your character is missing. The real server will be back up and in its normal spot near the top of the list shortly.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

Awesome News Zerjz!!! Can't wait!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:27 PM
zerjz3
Banned

The server is now back up. Disregard the one that says [BETA 2] as it is non-working. The proper server is in the same spot it's always been.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:07 AM
zerjz3
Banned

There's something weird going on with the eqemu login server, so the Sanctuary server is down again for the time being.