Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Discussion

Tutorials::Discussion Discuss Tutorials here. Do NOT POST tutorials here, they belong on the wiki.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:12 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradorn
well the problem is i cant type anything it tries to rezone me within a milisecond so i cant rezone myself even when i login it loops this
these are the steps i did

1. changed database characters_ zonename to freportn
2. logged in to the game
3. came in somewhere under the world
4. typed #zone freportn

/shrug
you might try changing the value while in the game, during the zoning loop...

I'm not sure otherwise....
Old 06-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Ok I might be rather dumb on this Q and over looked the right thread using search and such.

But a couple things.

1. The guide is great, I got it up and am playing on it but I want to now have the server run on my one comp as it has more ram and less CPU power, while I play on the other comp which has alot better Cpu/ and almost as much ram.
Off to search some more and hopefully find my answer for this one.

2. Quest related file error. When I zone into Thurgadina I crash and get perl quest error from Lorekeeper E. I attempted to look at the lines it said was messed up but it seemed fine to my noobish attempts of figuring it out.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Night74
Fire Beetle

Default err's

for some reason I keep getting error 2006 when I run world.exe "mysql has gone away"
I have tried rebuilding the database as well as completely removing and redoing everything. I would be greatfull for any help.
also I was wondering if the Vel DB contains all the old kunark DB data as well?
thanks,
Old 06-13-2005, 11:02 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabeth
Ok I might be rather dumb on this Q and over looked the right thread using search and such.

But a couple things.

1. The guide is great, I got it up and am playing on it but I want to now have the server run on my one comp as it has more ram and less CPU power, while I play on the other comp which has alot better Cpu/ and almost as much ram.
Off to search some more and hopefully find my answer for this one.

2. Quest related file error. When I zone into Thurgadina I crash and get perl quest error from Lorekeeper E. I attempted to look at the lines it said was messed up but it seemed fine to my noobish attempts of figuring it out.
Calabeth,
for question number 1:

I run my eqemu on another machine here, this is my set up

on the "server" machine running the eqemu, it also has my database on it, lets say its ip is 10.10.10.10

my boot5zones.bat file looks like this, at lease the parts that get changed
start zoneperl . 10.10.10.10 8780 127.0.0.1

note: the [start zoneperl] might be [start zone] if your using the non-perl version

If your running the database on the same machine as the eqemu then the db.ini shouldn't need changing.

Next to update the database, for example i created an account called goober (hehe, really i did) if i wanted to be able to login using my goober account on a different machine, i would need to update the database with the following

lets say my pc i want to login with is at 10.10.10.11 then i would run the following to update the database
update account set minilogin_ip = '10.10.11.11' where name = 'goober';

if you want to dump your existing database you can use this:
mysqldump -u username -ppassword database_name > FILE.sql

then to import it on the other machine:
mysql -u username -ppassword database_name < FILE.sql

this file could be very big, might take a bit to import (fyi)

for question number 2:
sorry i dont know, just now getting started in messing with the quests, might try deleting the file for now /shrug

Hope that helps
vRandom
Old 06-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Hehe thanks, I moved the file outta the way for now and it works fine.

Not understanding the dump reason really. Though all I needed on the comp playing eq was an edit to the eqhost.txt such as host=10.10.10.11:5999

and that would be it. DB,World,minilogin,zoneperl are all on the other comp hehe.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:22 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
Hehe thanks, I moved the file outta the way for now and it works fine.

Not understanding the dump reason really. Though all I needed on the comp playing eq was an edit to the eqhost.txt such as host=10.10.10.11:5999

and that would be it. DB,World,minilogin,zoneperl are all on the other comp hehe.
lol yah forgot that step.... phone rang when i was posting it would need to be pointed to the machine hosting
Old 06-13-2005, 01:35 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
1) Commands.pl in zone.exe errors: I dont know where to get a valid file for commands.pl. PEQ father says the file is not required, the program works without it.
notice the troublshooting tips

if you dont want the errors create the file and put code below in it (file should be in the directory with world, zone.. etc)

found it somewhere in the forums, but i can't remember where

Code:
sub commands_init{}
Old 06-13-2005, 06:10 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Thanks for all the help vRandom, i will try that out and see if it fixes the commands.pl error on mine. Youve been very helpful!

Code:
for some reason I keep getting error 2006 when I run world.exe "mysql has gone away"
I have tried rebuilding the database as well as completely removing and redoing everything. I would be greatfull for any help.
also I was wondering if the Vel DB contains all the old kunark DB data as well?
thanks,
when you see mysql has gone away, it usually means your server cannot connect to the database. So somewhere in there you have a problem. It can be a number of places, you could have named the db incorrecctly, you could have not put the right name in the db.ini, your sql could be shut down or not on... I would check to make sure your mysql is running properly and ou didnt acidentally name is something else than what is in your db.ini.

About the velious db, yes it includes all of kunark, i was surprised, but it does.

Also please check the first two posts, i will be updating them as fixes come in to make it the best guide that i can.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

ok by know you guys know i got my emu running and been havin fun....thanks i wantavr4 for all the help and guide and others here who have been nice on giving info....

so here goes another question. do quest work or will they need to be set up cause i was gonna do the armor of ro quest for my pally and when i hail the npc they dont say anything
Old 06-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Ghost Fire
Sarnak

(Fix for #2006 Lost connection bug)
code: SET PASSWORD FOR 'usernameforDB'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpasswordhere');
Old 06-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Night74
Fire Beetle

ok got all fixed seems I still have an error though
when trying to enter world I get disconected server shows the following error
[Debug] unable to convert EQ opcode 0x071e to an emu opcode

Last edited by Night74; 06-14-2005 at 10:15 PM..
Old 06-14-2005, 02:53 AM
Calabeth
Sarnak

For the quests, you might have to make it or check the quest section out to see if anyone has already done it. In your EQemu Directory go into teh Quests folder. From there goto the zone the quest starts in and see if the starting NPC has a *npcname*.pl file there, if not then no quest.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

Quote:
For the quests, you might have to make it or check the quest section out to see if anyone has already done it. In your EQemu Directory go into teh Quests folder. From there goto the zone the quest starts in and see if the starting NPC has a *npcname*.pl file there, if not then no quest.
i checked the load_system.sql file in the quest folder and it has the char names and molds of ro in it for the quest... i dont understand where you mean to go to find the *npcname*.pl is this ingame?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradorn
i checked the load_system.sql file in the quest folder and it has the char names and molds of ro in it for the quest... i dont understand where you mean to go to find the *npcname*.pl is this ingame?
it should be in the following location, eqemu dir\quests\zonename\npc name.pl

example my quest for north freeport would be in the following: c:\eq_emu\quests\nfreportn\nameofnpc.pl

there should have been a lot of directorys created when you unziped the quests zip file.

vRandom
Old 06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

ok so i should have default.pl, drop_system.sql.drop_users.sql,load_empty_users.sq l, load_system.sql, commands.pl(thanks to above), convert, channelog,

and 129 folders in the C:\EQEmu\Quest

will i need to resource my database cause i did forget to unzip quest zone folders into C:\EQEmu\Quest
just unzipped it now eventhough i have had everything all set up

Last edited by Aradorn; 06-15-2005 at 01:36 AM..