Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:04 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Im still waiting to see what the Slayer has going for them
Old 06-27-2013, 05:36 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorkinal View Post
Im still waiting to see what the Slayer has going for them

There are only 9 paths left and I will be done with the base 64 for launch. I am also giving players the option to design their own path that the entire world can play. Epics and everything. Literally creating a playable class for the server (I will work with you and balance things) for a very generous donation. With that said, you can check out the Slayer and other paths I didn't release on this thread on the official website.

http://www.varlyndria.com/warrior.html

http://www.varlyndria.com/paladin.html
Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 AM
ak48
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
There are only 9 paths left and I will be done with the base 64 for launch.
You've been zooming along the last couple days, the anticipation is rising!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak48 View Post
You've been zooming along the last couple days, the anticipation is rising!
Aye, the server is getting there and it's getting closer to the point where I can release an official launch date so players can prepare for that day.

Here is a pic of the Conjurer summoning Gigas.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

"Do you realize the power you might hold? When the world of flesh is beneath you, even creatures mysterious and magical will fall!" - Jon Irenicus

Old 06-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Elemental Madness

Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Really excited for this server. This will be the first server that has interested me enough to upgrade my titanium client to something newer. My only concern will be about how the classes will be balanced. Something about the balancing is screaming ez server quality where paladins rule all, just hope that doesn't happen here.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfuson88 View Post
Really excited for this server. This will be the first server that has interested me enough to upgrade my titanium client to something newer. My only concern will be about how the classes will be balanced. Something about the balancing is screaming ez server quality where paladins rule all, just hope that doesn't happen here.
All of the paths in Ascension have a place in a group or the battlefield of player vs player combat. The fact that mana can be drained, melee mitigation can be lowered and healing can be reduced will make sure there is a lot of Rock/Paper/Scissors going on. For instance: an Avenger will be dreadful against most casters, where a Dark Emissary will be a tank's worst nightmare and Soulreaper can eat up an Avenger because they can't be harmed directly from his stuns and anti-magic, but a Soulreaper can probably be crushed by an Assassin who jumps their wraith. The server will be team based play and the synergies your guilds can form for pve and pvp is vast.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Some notes on the Soulreaper path:

• Soulreapers who are changed into a Dark Reaper cannot change back until it wears off or their pet dies, which will than kill them. (The spell counts as a harmful self effect and cannot be dispelled. Use at your own risk. With great power comes great responsibility.)

• Soulreapers who are changed into Dark Reapers and tell their pets to "Guard Here" or "Hold" will instantly kill their pet. This immortality is not to be abused by keeping your pet hidden.

• Soulreapers who have a pet out when they change into the Dark Reaper will slay the pet.

• Pets that are told to "Go Away" will instantly kill the Soulreaper if they are in Dark Reaper form.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

“I have no idea what's awaiting me, or what will happen when this all ends. For the moment I know this: there are sick people and they need curing.”
― Albert Camus, The Plague

NOTE: The Rotfeaster's epic will allow them to restore their health and mana by 4800 by targeting a corpse and casting the spell/eating it. The corpse does not go away afterwards. 60 SEC CD.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Any Eta on a launch date?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

The server is getting closer to the point where I'll have more info on specific launch date but nothing is concrete just yet. No worries though, you won't miss the launch date announcement if you keep checking this thread or our main website.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:39 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

SOULREAPER UPDATE:

The Soulreaper might be changed around a bit from what I originally said would happen but we think we have the solution to keep the mechanic I originally designed. I got this idea from Dark Age of Camelot's Necromancer which is really fun to play.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Old 06-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon