Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

Default Pain and Suffering Damage

Hi Guys,

It's been years, but I am back and have another server up and going. Obviously lots of little things to work out before opening it up for public use.

I have noticed with a couple of low level toons that when hitting (1HS 1HB) that some hits are not reported. The damage is done but it will not report to you how much has been done. In fact it attributes this damage to Pain and Suffering.

Example: I can attack a mob kill it and get the experience never having caused any reported damage. I will slash at the mob, the mob will take damage and it says, "Pain and Suffering slashes mob for x damage".

How can this be corrected to reflect actual damage that a PC does?

I am using version 7 compiled February 29, 2008

Thanks for your time.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams" - Willy Wonka
Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 AM
trevius
Developer

I have noticed this suddenly started happening on my GM account character. I use him for a lot of testing purposes so I have done quite a few changes to him over time.

Now I notice that all damage he does to any mob seems to be the same DPS, but it all reports as pain and suffering lol. I have tried changing my level, changing my skills and changing my weapons and nothing seems to have worked. I didn't mess with it way too much as it seems to still be hitting properly, but it is definitely annoying.

If anyone knows the cause of this, I wouldn't mind hearing it :P I am sure if I looked into it myself enough I could probably figure it out, but I haven't had time for that yet lol.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

I hadn't noticed it happening on our GM accounts, in fact it all seems normal there. We will have to test this to be sure.

So far it is happening on new characters, normal accounts. Paladin and Druid thus far.

I will do some more testing.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:25 AM
RCPD0715
Sarnak

it is because your are invisible...like if u have #hideme or #gmhideme on..it reports as pain and suffering...if someone else was there, they wouldnt see you..but they would see the mob dying form pain and suffering...:P
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 AM
trevius
Developer

LOL, that makes sense! I didn't even think about that. I normally only use #hideme for a short while if I am watching players and don't want them to see me. Then I normally turn it back off. I probably turned it on and forgot to turn it off last time heh.

I will check that out and see if it fixes it, but I imagine it would since it makes perfect sense. I am not sure why new characters would have this problem though.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

Actually this is in a group setting. Not invis. We can both see eachother fine and yet some of damage, i would say half of all hits are from Pain and Suffering.

As I said before we are both on normal accounts (status = 0) and we dont have access to those commands.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Pain and Suffering is built into the client when it doesn't exactly know where the damage is coming from. It typically happens with GMs, from falls, or in some cases weird procs/spells. That's probably the issue in your case.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

Ok, found the issue. I looked at the accounts table and found that the 2 accounts it is happening on had a value greater than 0 in the hideme column. These accounts were created using the PHP script elsewhere on the boards. I'm going to look the script over and find out why and where it is inserting this value.

Thanks for the tipoff RCPD0715!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

Ok, I had to change Aerewen's script that creates accounts and updates IP address' for Minilogin from:

Code:
$sql = "INSERT INTO `account` VALUES (". $newno. ",'". $_POST['username']. "','',0,'". $_POST['password']. "',". $admin_level. ",". $newno. ",0,0,'". $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. "',0,0)";
To:

Code:
$sql = "INSERT INTO `account` VALUES (". $newno. ",'". $_POST['username']. "','',0,'". $_POST['password']. "',". $admin_level. ",". $newno.",0,0,0,0,'". $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. "')";
Simply to reflect my account table structure.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Lindane
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPD0715 View Post
it is because your are invisible...like if u have #hideme or #gmhideme on..it reports as pain and suffering...if someone else was there, they wouldnt see you..but they would see the mob dying form pain and suffering...:P
THANK YOU