Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Grimshad
Fire Beetle

Default Server vars

So I finally got fed up with all of the servers making the game super easy and basically giving you everything for free and allowing you to instantly travel wherever you want.

I have taken on the task of hosting my own server for myself and all my friends.

In the start-up section there was a Variable listing post with the command on how to change the variable to modify certain aspects of the game.

I tried the command and other similar things I thought may work with no avail. Could someone please paste me the commands that i need to type to change the settings I am trying to change? It would be most appreciated.

I would like to enabled all expansions
remove no drop tags on items
increase group xp bonus
increase normal and AA xp income
increase xp penalty on death

Thanks for any input.

P.S. Is Crescent Reach area available to play on EQEmu? or possible to? I noticed the storm haven server has Crescent Reach, just thought ide ask.

P.P.S. Also is it possible to:
Remove POK from the game, or at least make it completely inaccessable?
Remove the #zone command or disallow normal users to use it?

To encourage tp/port/punt, which im sure no new EQ players have ever heard of in their times after PoP
Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
So I finally got fed up with all of the servers making the game super easy and basically giving you everything for free
I assure you the answers you are looking for are easily found if you put in half an ounce of effort(hello search) and since you dont like things given to you easy, Im sure you would much rather the satisfaction of solving these minor issues yourself.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Grimshad
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
I assure you the answers you are looking for are easily found if you put in half an ounce of effort(hello search) and since you dont like things given to you easy, Im sure you would much rather the satisfaction of solving these minor issues yourself.
I've been searching the forum all day

Thanks for the response though.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Grimshad
Fire Beetle

Apparently I can't edit my post, so sorry for the double post, but it's necessary.

I didn't know Mysql had a gui editor, once I found that out I easily did everything I needed to do except 1 thing.

Does anyone know how to remove commands from the different user levels?

the primary one I want to change is remove the ability for 0 level users to use the #zone command, (I don't know how to use it, but basically noone should be able to instantly teleport to any zone they want without the help of a druid/wiz/npc porter)
Old 04-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I think by default the #zone command won't let level 0 players use it. I'm not sure what the default level is, but I'm pretty sure it's higher than 0.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

it does work at status 0, but you have to be a GM flagged to actually use it.
So by default players cannot use any of them

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=GMCommands
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Grimshad
Fire Beetle

So does this mean even know I have level 250 status i still can't use commands either? That would explain some things...

How exactly do I flag myself?

I'de like some kind of command to unstuck people.

Is there an easy way to set the zone in loc for a zone? I found a couple where u zone into the middle of nothingness, but can see the zone in the distance(like nuktulous forest).
Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

target yourself and do

#gm 1

as gm you can summon a player to self, by targeting him and doing #summon