Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-20-2004, 06:20 AM
tonysisgod
Fire Beetle

Default Need Help, Zone Unavailable and Constant Disconnections...

Hello, I am just messing around on a few of the servers -- not trying to host my own or anything but whenever I try to log onto my character, it always says "Zone Unavailable" right after I click the Enter World button. Usually when I hit enter when the Zone Unavailable box is up, it lets me load my character. Well recently I started getting constant Disconnections and I think there is some relation to my problems. I am running on a cable modem but I think the 8.0 datarate kinda messed something up? Could be wrong but if anyone has any time to write back a response with a little help, it would be much appreciated...
Old 03-20-2004, 06:26 AM
FiCtIoN
Sarnak

sounds like it might be a problem with the internet try putting the datarate back to 5.0
Old 03-20-2004, 07:36 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

This is a problem on the person who is running the server's side. Nothing you can do about it.

Nilar Nightwolf- SaltyBoogers Non Legit ServerOp
Ascendra Custom Legit ServerOp
GM-Mgmt Jezebells Everquest Server
Senyen of the Abyss [65 Forest Stalker] Dil's World
Old 03-20-2004, 10:29 AM
tonysisgod
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the help, I figured that it was something wrong with my computer and before I really messed anything up by trying to fix it, I read this so you probably just saved me a hell of alot of time . Thanks again, I guess I will just try to find a diff server, is there a solid semi legit server out there that is pretty dependable?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Dhaos
Fire Beetle

from what i know... no, almost all servers send me back to the login screen when i die/zone. and sometimes it just freezes. im guessing its because eqemu is still relatively new
Old 03-21-2004, 03:43 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
from what i know... no, almost all servers send me back to the login screen when i die/zone. and sometimes it just freezes. im guessing its because eqemu is still relatively new
I dont think that is the case, as it DID seem that the servers WERE more stable before SOE tried to fix things (though I COULD be wrong, it may just seem that way). Take a look at this thread if you want to see my opinion on this (again it is JUST an opinion) http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13639

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ