Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's

Archive::Tutorials/Howto's Archive area for Tutorials/Howto's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Moac
Fire Beetle

Default Newbie needs help.

Well, i am really looking forward to getting my own eq server up and running but i am having some trouble gettting the server just right! I have been all over these forums and have tried a few different set ups by different ppl. I have been through 3 guides and the videos on these forums and none seem to work for me!Anyone have any suggestions. I get to the part where you start workd.exe and i get errors. I guess it would be best to post the pic of the error though i am not to sure how to do that! I am very eager to learn so hopefully you all can help me out!!
Old 06-29-2004, 12:49 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

Right-click the window's top bar > edit > select all > right-click > edit > copy > paste in this thread.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Moac
Fire Beetle

First off do i download the latest complilied files or the lastest configuration files? When first starting. As of now i have the MW database and MySQL working. I downloaded both of them and extracted them into my eqemu folder and one extracted without world.exe and zone.exe while the other one created another folder named eqemu and carried with it other files that the previos one didn't have....such as an items and documents folder.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:34 AM
sianyde
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moac
First off do i download the latest complilied files or the lastest configuration files? When first starting. As of now i have the MW database and MySQL working. I downloaded both of them and extracted them into my eqemu folder and one extracted without world.exe and zone.exe while the other one created another folder named eqemu and carried with it other files that the previos one didn't have....such as an items and documents folder.
I found the following guide the most useful in creating my server:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13403

I made the following deviations:
I didn't download Sandy's Loot Editor, Magoo's Item Editor, or IeQ (well, I did, but I can't get it to work yet, but I done >need< it to work to get the server to run).

Go to biosprite, and download the latest source, instead of getting 5.7DR3. I believe the last one was 6-26-04, and it is 0.5.7DR6.

Also, I recommend (but you don't absolutely require) you grab govtcheese's faction update, and the ac update. (some simple searches should locate those)

After you source the npc types and the loot types, source in the factions.

add the following column to the database:
alter table npc_types add ac int(5);
then source in the ac update

add this column:
alter table items add unknown008 int(11);

in loginserver.ini, remove the loginserver2 and loginserver3 lines.
change loginserver to loginserver=eqlogin.eqemulator.net
use only 1 line for loginport, and set it to loginport=5995

IF you are playing behind a NAT router, there are some other mods you have to make.

Also, when you are compiling, ensure that you are compiling the release option. If you inadvertently compile guildwars, you are going to have some major issues at character creation =)

use that guide with these changes to get your server up and running. when you're done with that, you can try playing with perl.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Moac
Fire Beetle

Default Good News

Well i have good news i believe i have my server up and running now! I did get one error while running world.exe that it seemed to bypaas though i was curious if there was anyway of fixing it. Below is the error i recieved. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Quote:
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.7-DR6
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX(id),count(*) FROM items' #1146: Table '
eq.items' doesn't exist
Error: Database::LoadItems() (sharemem): GetItemsCount() returned -1
[Error] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
[Error] [ChatChannelServer] block not found in ./LoginServer.ini
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading ./addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Error] Could not load EQTime file ./eqtime.cfg
[Error] Unable to load ./eqtime.cfg
[Status] Reboot zone modes ON
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
Please don't make me a levelme server. :(
TCP listening on: <<IP ADDRESS HERE WITH PORT>>
World server listening on: <<IP ADDRESS HERE WITH PORT>>
Old 06-29-2004, 11:24 PM
animepimp
Dragon

Aooarently you didn't install an items database because the items table doesn't exist.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:25 AM
Moac
Fire Beetle

Ok, i made some of the changes. I had a problem putting in the npc_types...while unpacking it in mysql it just kept going.....it never stopped. Now that i got the server up and running how do i get into the game. I tried setting up that minilogin though, everytime i go into eq and i hit the new account button it gives me a sony registration web fourm that won't except my account key from EQEmu. Any suggestions!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:52 AM
sianyde
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moac
Ok, i made some of the changes. I had a problem putting in the npc_types...while unpacking it in mysql it just kept going.....it never stopped. Now that i got the server up and running how do i get into the game. I tried setting up that minilogin though, everytime i go into eq and i hit the new account button it gives me a sony registration web fourm that won't except my account key from EQEmu. Any suggestions!
Your problem with npc_types is that you didn't wait for it to finish. It takes a >long< time. I read in one guide somewhere that somebody just let it run overnight. That's what I did the first time. I believe it actually took 90 minutes to source that table, but I don't remember.

If that db isn't set up correctly, don't bother logging into to your server. I suggest you just wipe the db (or at least that table) and recreate it.

Regarding minilogin, SEARCH. That's all I have to say about that.

Just use the public login server.