Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-17-2003, 03:25 PM
omper
Sarnak

Default ok .. Got tired of mysql

I am currently developing a Microsoft Access DB (yes i know its crap) to Add delete and modify everything in this damm DB.. Just got tired of doing it by hand.. only problem is i cant provide a download link as i dont have anywhere to upload it to.. if you got a spot or can tell me how to post it here then kewl.. if you want it to do something special then let me know.. i can already tell you that it does link directly to the DB that you are using .. not import.. LINK.. so you dont have to do all that export import crap..

anyway.. i like it already and it aint even built.. HAHAHA..

Omper
Michigan jay's God Server
Old 11-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Kgaul
Hill Giant

Have you tried the Control Center for MySQL? its found at

www.MySQL.com under CC. its a GUI and makes messing around in the DB childs play....

Kgaul
Old 11-17-2003, 04:17 PM
omper
Sarnak

Default Yea

Yea i tried that but its not real user friendly. No explainations of what does what.. What i am after is for instance..

-------

I want to add a Spawn in freeport. He is a Merchant thats an ogre male. he will sell (this, that, and, the, other) , these are the prices of those objects. He has this many hp.. this lvl..

OK now DB go change all the affected tables and make these entries for me..

-------

Mysql control center, or any other DB editor out there doesnt do that.. so i am going to give it a shot..

Omper
Old 11-17-2003, 04:20 PM
mattmeck

The EQAdmin tool is still out of date but there are plans to make it usable with 5.0, would hate for you to do a lot of work for that to get done first. Maby you could get with whoever is going to work on that?
Old 11-17-2003, 04:42 PM
omper
Sarnak

Default eqadmin

While this is nice, It does not work atm. However if someone is currently working on it then i guess i would love to hear from them. until then i will continue to work on mine.. even if only i use it, then its worth my while.. (boning up on DB skills).

Thanks very much for pointing that out.. cuz if it is done then i would be a fewl to redo.

Thanks again.

Omper
Old 11-17-2003, 04:57 PM
mattmeck

I think thats Windcatchers? little project
Old 11-18-2003, 01:22 AM
Vaelene
Fire Beetle

If you are looking for a way to convert Mysql to Access and back again, I found that AccessMyWizard works well. It converts Mysql into an Access database and converts Access back into Mysql. You can choose which tables or all of them. I have ben using it for a while myself since i didnt like any of the other methods for working with Mysql. Here is the link to the web site.

http://www.bigprof.com/mya/index.php

Hope it helps.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:40 AM
omper
Sarnak

thanks vaelene but i am not importing the tables.. just linking them.. so that if i get this the way i want .. then anyone can use

omper
Old 11-18-2003, 11:43 AM
mattmeck

Cant wait to see it working expecialy if its idiot proof
Old 11-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Aaburog
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Cant wait to see it working expecialy if its idiot proof
N-O-T-H-I-N-G is idiot-proof. And you know this, from your newbieslayer addiction...

Moreover, access sure is whiz-bang stuff for knocking out some very useful functionality and/or forms and such, but it's dog-doo for idiot-proofing with all that VB-icky code.

I have to design in it daily. I feel dirty.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:16 AM
mamba666
Sarnak

I use MS Access to manipulate the MySQL database. I just create an ODBC connection to the MYSQL database then open up MSAccess.

I then just choose to open up and ODBC connection, load up all of the tables and manage the database that way. There is no importing or exporting, it does it on the fly. You can create your own views etc.

The OLE tables can't really be edited this way like the Item info and such, but just about everything else can.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Go Microsoftless, use OpenOffice, it's free!

http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/OOoMySQL.pdf

but.... if you're a glutton for punishment, and want to be ridiculed by us super sexy linux gurus....

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/M...DBC/page1.html
Old 11-19-2003, 01:13 PM
omper
Sarnak

Default Reason for MS Access.

I am used to Programing in Access as this is the (stupid) DB of choice at my job. However the bright side is that Openoffice can easily open and use MS Access DB.

I will be posting Pics of the Account Management and Spawn Mgmt soon..

Note.. Still working on a real good way to handle the BIT factors on Items. But close..

Thanks
Omper
Old 11-19-2003, 01:59 PM
omper
Sarnak

Default Here is my first attempt

This is for Account mgmt and Char mgmt. This is first attempt.. Please make suggestions comments, and the sort.. flaming is allowed. Cuz i really dont care.. HEHEH

Omper
Old 11-19-2003, 02:15 PM
mattmeck

Looks good. :P