Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:18 PM
mixxit
Hill Giant

Default TaskMaster

I just want to say whoever wrote this - great work! It's made learning tasks so much easier and really speeds up the quest pipeline!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:01 PM
trevius
Developer

KLS wrote it, and yes it is extremely helpful for creating tasks. Especially for people who are not already familiar with the many tables and settings related to tasks.

There are 2 minor issues with it currently that you may or may not be aware of though. The first issue is that it doesn't currently display previously saved tasks if you open it up and connect. Your old tasks won't show on the list, but they are still there. You just have to click in the blank area on the left until you find the one you are looking for. If you save any task that is blanked out like that, it will show up on the list again until you restart the tool again. The second issue is a bit more of a real problem, but it is easily resolvable. When you create a task and an activity to go with it, the activity will save as 1 by default from the tool I believe. If you try to run this task in game, it will give you an error about not being able to find the task. This is because activity IDs have to start at 0. The fix is really simple, so it isn't a big deal. You just have to go into the table or the tool and change the activity ID to 0 and save it. Then, you can do a #task reloadall and it should work just fine. Other than those 2 minor issues, the tool works flawlessly from what I can see. It is a huge time-saver when making tasks.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
KLS
Administrator

I don't have either of those problems you describe Trev.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:28 PM
trevius
Developer

Here is the thread about it:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...ght=Taskmaster

I definitely still get the blank list on the left of tasks. I am not sure if the activity being set to 0 happens every time or not though. I am pretty sure that was what caused my issue the other day when I was making the last task I made. It doesn't seem to happen every time though, as I didn't see that particular issue before, but someone else mentioned seeing it too.

I think the other issue was something to do with the default zone setting not being set properly if it wasn't changed in the tool manually when creating the task. And last is the minor note about the proximity field that just shows something a bit odd in it but doesn't seem to cause an actual problem.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
KLS
Administrator

Ah okay I see it now.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 PM
KLS
Administrator

Ok people with x-ray eyes try it now.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:20 AM
trevius
Developer

Haha, nice. Yeah, that fixed the issue with not seeing the list of task names on the left side, thanks!

I don't see any issues with activity ID not getting set to 0 for the first activity atm, so that looks ok now too. I do still see the minX when creating a new Proximity getting set to "-1.#QNB" though. Not a big issue, but something to maybe check out. Also, if zone is left as the default *unknown zone*, it sets it to 2147483647 in the database when I think it should be setting it to 0 instead. By setting it to 2147483647 I think it was breaking tasks last time I tried it.

Either way, this is fairly simple stuff to correct manually, but maybe worth looking into in the future at some point.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:44 AM
KLS
Administrator

Well it's default value is -1, but the DB doesn't take signed values which is why it overflows to something so large. I consider it intended behavior; something to make you remember to set it.

The other is probably because it's not initializing to 0 on the min/max and I can have fixed.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:45 AM
trevius
Developer

The reason I have issues with the default zone value is because I have some tasks that aren't zone dependent. The tasks I am referring to are tradeskill tasks and while I have everything needed to do the combines in the zone the task should be done in, I have it set to 0 so they can be done in any zone. Since -1 will make the task unusable, could you make the default 0? Maybe I am not understanding why -1 is the default value, because that seems to return an error when it is set like that. I think 0 means any zone, so maybe it would be ok to leave unknown zone as default, but add an option for any zone to the list that sets it to 0? Not a big deal really, but it took me a while to figure out why my tasks weren't working when I was messing with those particular ones lol.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 PM
KLS
Administrator

...or I could add *Any Zone* as an option as zero.