Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Sargas
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for 1 on 1 setup help

I have not played Everquest in a long time, fortunately. However, the flashbacks never leave. Sometimes I feel like I'm still going through a withdrawal long after the fact...

I want to play again in controlled environment where I can just solo all the zones I used to play through, but could never beat. I think this will help my get over everything. My interest doesnt go far past Velious or Luclin... PoP at the most. My last session was during DoN. I have tried setting up my own server many times to no avail. I gone through the walk-throughs multiple times on several different computers--redoing steps and frequently consulting this forum. IT NEVER WORKS. Several years later, I am tired of wasting my time and failing.

What I am looking for:

I want somebody to hold my hand and help me set up my own, fully functioning server. I am looking for a little more than: here is the to-do list and here are the links for the necessary programs. Ideally, I want everything I need already packaged--the coding already entered or easily enter-able. I have this dream of receiving a very large .zip file that only needs to be decompressed into the appropriate folder for me to start playing.

Fully functioning doesn't mean that ever quest and npc needs to be in place and in working order. I just want access to everything I need to slay all the mobs. Zone mobs should be working, choice merchants. I would like a list of GM codes--with minor instruction--to call in items, armor, abilities etc. Info/the ability to create fully functioning characters to jump right into a zone.

"In other words" & Disclaimer:

I really, desperately just want to solo raid Old Sebilis and the ability to handle something like Crystal Caverns. I need to fight to and destroy Naggy. And spend some time in the new MM which I never got to do. Anything past that, like going through PoP will be a bonus. I want someone to set everything up for me. This will all be done remotely and I am capable of some basic coding/compiling, but everything will be gathered for me. Ultimately, Mobs will roam, NPC's will sell me stuff, BOTS will assist me, and GM codes will summon me any armor/weapon/item that I need to make my way through fully spawned zones. Some corrections might be made to the server knowing that it is going to be entirely solo: aggro ranges reduced, short memory, etc.

I want to compensate you for your help. Someone who knows what they are doing shouldn't have a problem accomplishing the above, but I understand it still takes time. I want to make it worth your time to help me fulfill a dream.

If this has been posted in the wrong board, please move it to the correct one rather than deleting it. This issue has persisted me for too long and I am very serious about what I am looking for. I am motivated to find a solution.